Contracts Manager | Bristol| Area 1&2 |
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Package
- Are you an experienced Contracts Manager?
- Do you have Highways/ Heavy Civils experience?
- Experience of managing commercial, Programming, Resources, H+S to tight deadlines on major projects?
Operations Manager/Operations Director
Roles / Responsibilities:
- To manage all aspects of an individual contract, i.e. commercial, programming, resources, health, safety, quality, environmental, etc and ensure that all client timescales are met without exposing risk
- Develop the employee resources allocated to the contract and ensure cooperation throughout the team is achieved.
- Candidate must have experience of managing multi-disciplinary sites as a principal contractor.
- Where appointed deputise for the Operations Manager in their absence.
Principal Duties & responsibilities:
Health, Safety, Environmental
* Ensure all works under their control are carried out safely and that they do not pose a danger to the workers on site, sub-contractors, site visitors or members of the general public
* Ensure that the contract specific SHEQ documentation is available and communicated to the relevant people prior to a contract starting.
* Undertake site SHEQ inspections as required by the annual health & Safety
* Manage and report on the commercial performance of the contract, including monthly CVR Reviews.
* Achieve the commercial targets set by the Operations Director
* Identify variation orders for commercial assessment
* Organise survey of potential works and submit reports to the commercial department for pricing
* Plan and programme site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and prepare the associated Site Works Plan(s) / Project Management Plan(s), including necessary site and ISO9001 documentation
* Organise resources (labour, plant, materials, sub contractors) on each site to complete the work to plan and programme
* Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable for the tasks being undertaken
* Ensure site related paperwork is completed and issued to the relevant department(s) on a weekly basis
* Ensure that the wage sheets are completed each week by the Supervisor
* Monitor working hours, to ensure compliance with WTD
* Liaise with clients and maintain good business relationships
* Liaise with clients to ensure a steady flow of work is available to maintain site resource levels
* Look for new opportunities
* Responsibility for performance of Supervisors and Foremen under their control and to continually appraise and develop their skills
* Organise the delivery of associated pre-start briefings and ongoing toolbox talks, complete and submit the associated paperwork
* Coach and look after new starters, so that they become competent to work alongside a motorway or high speed road
* Organise training of employees in the various skills required for execution of the works
* Annual appraisal of supervisors
* Ensure that only trained personnel are used for the activities being undertaken.
* Ensure that an individual assessment is carried out within the first 3 months of a new employee starting on site.
* Ensure that any visitors to a rail site have in their possession a valid Sentinel card or a Track Visitors Permit (TVP)
* Minimum 2 years' experience of managing multi-disciplinary sites as a Principal Contractor.
* Minimum 5 years Civil engineering experience, including drainage, earthworks, fencing, kerbing etc.
* Minimum 12 months highways experience..
* Proficient in Microsoft Project.
* Good commercial awareness and understanding of NEC Form of Contract.
If you are interested in discussing the role further, please contact Daniel on:
Alternatively email your CV to:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job