Contracts Manager – Architectural Metalwork
Location: Great Dunmow
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package commensurate with experience
Job Type: Permanent full time
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years’ experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry, they design, value engineer and manufacture many types of metalwork for almost every type of public or commercial building.
Duties of Contracts Manager include:
- Managing contracts from start to finish, ensuring that productivity targets and agreed quality standards are met
- Working with the team to make sure plant, materials and labour are in place to carry out the contract efficiently and effectively
- Managing site-based operatives
- Carry out site Audits as and when required
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company equipment
- Liaison with main contractors on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company
- Producing and implementing risk assessments and method statements for contracts, and ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout projects
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers, making sure that all customers receive an excellent service
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Requirements of the Contracts Manager:
- Previous experience of contracts planning and experience of architectural metalwork is essential
- Previous experience as an Assistant Contracts Manager or Contracts Manager
- Understanding and ability to complete RAMS documentation
- Experience of managing site-based skilled operatives working on commercial contracts
- Knowledge of writing and implementing risk assessments to ensure a strong safety culture on site
- Initiative and ability to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with main contractors
- Construction-related qualification or SMSTS qualification would be highly desirable
- Candidates need a full UK driving license.
The successful candidate will ideally have a proven background within a similar role and be organised and efficient. Candidates will need to have excellent communication / IT skills and be comfortable and capable of with working to deadlines.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Contracts Manager – Architectural Metalwork role then please apply now!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job