An exciting opportunity for a Contracts Administrator
Your new role
The Contract & Operations Administrator is responsible for; the health and safety of all staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst operating the site, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality, and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
Responsible for personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company's activities. In particular:
- Understand and implement the company Policy.
- Conduct Risk Assessments on activities within their site ensuring that the methods and systems of work are safe. Also that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are applied.
- Conduct Aspects and Impacts analysis on activities within their sites ensuring that the methods and systems of work are such to minimise the impact to the environment. Also that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are applied.
- Provide written instructions of work methods outlining potential hazards and precautions, and ensure they are complied with.
- Ensure accident/incident and near-miss reporting procedures are understood and complied with, and assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
- Ensure all employees and sub-contractors are suitably trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate.
- Ensure the Statutory Notices, the Integrated Management Systems Policy, Insurance Certificate and the names of Appointed First Aiders are displayed and maintained in prominent locations.
- Ensure that, where obligated, the Environment Permit is adhered to.
- Ensure that all new employees in the company are provided with a copy of the policy statement, receive such induction training as may be laid down in procedures, are issued with personal protective equipment as required and their personal responsibilities as set out in this manual.
- Reprimand any employee for failing to discharge their health and safety and environmental responsibilities.
- Set a personal example with regard to health & safety and environment matters.
- Ensure contractual obligations for service and product quality are met.
- Understand potential future service and / or product requirements of the customer.
What you'll need to succeed
- Clean driving licence and access to a car (mileage reimbursed via expenses)
- Proven administration experience in demanding office environments.
- Reputation for consistent delivery within a demanding business environment.
- Proven ability as a team player in a small team of 5 - 10 people.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Numerate and IT literate, with the ability to use data and management information effectively to help deliver performance.
- Decisive and comfortable with responsibility.
- Ability to work with regional and central specialists.
- A confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company
- Able to work accuracy, intent, drive and enthusiasm to achieve leading-edge standards.
- Able to embrace change, committed to finding better ways of doing things.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job