Contractor Payroll Administrator
Roc Search is a leading IT and Engineering recruitment consultancy, with offices in Europe and the USA.
We are looking for a Sales Ledger Administrator to join our Sales Support team. You will be based at our head office, a busy and vibrant working environment in Reading.
1. Purpose of the job
To ensure effective running of the sales ledger & third party direct costs whilst providing an excellent level of sales support to our global clients, contractors and staff.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Sales Ledger - raising and posting invoices onto the system
- Assistance with weekly and monthly internal and third party contract payroll
- Calling clients to ensure all invoices have been received & are in process
- Chasing overdue debts
- Query resolution and account escalation to management where appropriate.
- Account Reconciliations
- Process new customer accounts including credit checks
- Provide cover for cash allocation duties
- General ad hoc duties
While at work all staff are required to: -
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Co-operate with policies and procedures for health and safety
- The role also includes anything else the Company reasonably asks you to do
4. Knowledge, skill and experience
See 'Person Specification’
5. Additional Information
This job description is a statement of the job content agreed at 14/12/17. It should not be seen as precluding future changes.
Person Specification for Sales Ledger & Credit Control Administrator
Professional / Technical Qualifications
GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Studying AAT or equivalent
Experience & Job Knowledge
- Accounts Receivable.
- Handling confidential information.
- Dealing with a range of customer queries/concerns in a professional manner in both person and over the phone
- Office systems and procedures, with the ability edit spreadsheets.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience of Sage50
- Experience of the recruitment sector
- Office systems and procedures, with the ability to create spreadsheets
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Numerical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Problem solving
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to maintain accuracy in repetitive tasks
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to analyse processes
- Continuous improvement approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Happy with the routine, repetitive nature of related work
- "Can do" attitude & initiative
- Flexible approach
- Relationship building skills
- Positively embrace
- Decision making skills
Special Circumstances (if any)