Contract Transport Manager - Northampton
My client a Logistics company with a contract based in Northampton is seeking a Transport Manager to deliver world-class Transport Management within a prestigious contract. Operating a small fleet of dedicated vehicles from their customers site, this role focuses on one client. You will be responsible for the transport and distribution operations and for providing excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance through outstanding people management skills.
- Have you proven Transport Management experience?
- Do you have great communication skills?
- Are you both reliable & punctual, with a professional attitude towards your work?
- Maximising Productivity
- Improving on Quality
- Understanding cost control
- Improving efficiencies
- Attending daily, weekly and monthly customer meetings
- Dealing with customer issues both in and out of hours
- Working with our Driver Training, Insurance and Legal Compliance teams
What we would like our candidate to have
- Experience of effectively running a successful transport function in a high-pressured environment
- National CPC would be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills - being able to manage at all levels
- Can do attitude
- Problem solving and prioritising skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing (emails)
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and responsibilities
Salary: £31,000 - £33,000 plus quarterly bonus
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays raising to 33 over
If you are suitable for this role please send your CV to Tracy via this link
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job