Purpose of the Role
Responsible for performance and performance information ensuring the consistent delivery of contracts in order to meet the priorities set within the Police and Crime Plan. Ensure providers are held to account with a focus on continuous improvement, innovation and achieving value for money. Ability to work with a variety of criminal justice providers across sectors to achieve contractual priorities. Work across teams and directorates to support contract delivery, ensure consistency, compliance and advise on new contractual arrangements.
• Ensure the effective delivery and performance of contracts focusing on value for money, contractual compliance and good outcomes.
• Be responsible for performance data in accordance with contractual obligations. Produce clear data in a timely manner and circulate to all relevant parties.
• Advise and be involved with in all stages of contract management including negotiations, contractual effectiveness and relationship building. Escalate significant risks to line manager.
• Build effective working relationships with providers, promoting accountability, risk management and continuous improvement. Where possible innovation should be encouraged .
• Set up and maintain regular contractual meetings to review performance and resolve any disputes at the earliest opportunity. Maintain accurate records and actions accordingly.
• Work closely with finance ensuring spending is regularly reviewed and services are delivered within the prescribed financial envelope, thus managing associated risks.
• Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of contracts across the Directorate.
• Deliver and review a quality assurance process which ensures contractors maintain high standards.
• Work across teams to ensure consistent contractual delivery and advise on new contractual arrangements.
Significant experience of contract and performance management within a public sector setting. Possessing a good knowledge of policing and crime reduction. A proven track record of delivering high performance and innovative contracts of differing values to achieve organisational priorities. A strong ability to build constructive relationships with providers whilst holding them to account for delivery. Experienced at working across teams to ensure contractual compliance and consistency is achieved.
• Experience of managing multi value high performance public sector contracts which are cost effective.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and act assertively with a variety of providers across sectors.
• Ability to build constructive relationships with providers whilst holding them to account and delivering value for money.
• Experience of working across teams and directorates to ensure contractual compliance and consistency is achieved.
• Sound financial skills enabling budgetary planning and effective risk management.
• Skills to develop proposals and improve the quality of service.
Please note any successful candidate would have to go through my client's Security Clearance check which can take up to 8 weeks to complete
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job