MIQ Logistics Limited is a Top 100 global forwarder, with 150 offices in 80 countries, providing access to 5,000 logistics professionals worldwide. We leverage enthusiasm, experience and resources to reduce costs, improve product availability and increase responsiveness throughout our client’s global supply chains.
As a result of our continued growth we are now seeking an experienced and hands on Contract Operations Manager to join our successful logistics team based in the Thurrock.
Our ideal Candidate will be able to:
- Drive, lead, manage, motivate and take ownership of the day-to-day operational functions to include demand planning, warehouse operations, administration and customer relationships, contract, line, financial and commercial management.
- Lead, manage and develop Health & Safety initiatives and practices within the operation and provide guidance and remedy as required.
- Lead, Manage and Develop the operations team and manage the day to day operations and our customer expectations in line with stringent Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and service level agreement.( SLA’s)
- Lead, manage and drive continuous improvement initiatives in accordance with 3rd party value added practices.
- Lead, Direct a warehouse team of 60 employees in peak activity.
- Take ownership and drive logistics activity costs improvement initiatives.
- Manage and take responsibility and ownership of a fast paced warehouse logistics operation.
- Support, manage and develop congenial working relationships with our onsite customers.
- The role requires an individual who is not only hands on and flexible, but also able to manage and lead others with an ability to make things happen and drive customer operations and expectations.
Experience and skills:
- 3 years contract management experience within a 3rd party logistics warehousing / contract operational environment. (Fast paced multi channel pick and pack operation desirable)
- Customer relationship building and on-going development.
- Management, leadership and staff development experience.
- Forecasting, demand planning, resource planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- KPI and SLA management and development.
- Excellent communication presentation skills.
- Excellent approach to team work with a hands-on lead by example approach.
- Resilient / Hands-on operator within a fast paced warehousing environment...
- Financial and commercial management (P+L, Budgets, Forecasting, commercial)
- IOSH qualification (preferable)
- Clean car driving license
- MS Office. Excel, Power point, Word.
Performance Related Bonus
Death in Service
- Customer Satisfaction
- Problem Solving
- Warehouse Management
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job