Mears Housing Management is a successful business within Mears Group PLC, having grown in 5 years to a nationally based management business with 12,000 homes and contracts with 50 Local Authorities and Central Government. We house many people in housing need who would otherwise be living in costly and inappropriate accommodation and as such we have a strong social pursue in everything we do. Our red thread runs through everything we do and we want people who share our values to help us continue to deliver customer focused services and innovatively push the boundaries of the sector. We empower our people to lead by example, taking ownership and responsibility to work to the best of their abilities and effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners to exceed the expectations of both clients and customers.
We are proud of the services we provide and with ambitious plans to continue this rapid growth, we are looking for a Contract Manager to join our team in the North East based from our office in Newcastle. This is a great opportunity within our Housing Management business, following the success of the Asylum Accommodation and Support Contract win.
As Contract Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of contract service delivery across the Asylum Contract. Responsible for the delivery of high-quality capital & programmed works to client contract, ensuring teams operate to Mears defined standards and deliver best in class customer service, whilst satisfying all safety, quality and cost control standards relating to budget, profitability and resource deployment.
Your duties as Contract Manager will include -
- Management of all aspects of operational and commercial delivery, overall contract performance in line with contractual commitments and agreed company & client protocols. Managing works to programme time frames, producing project updates relating to budget, cash flow, work programmes and health & safety.
- Ensure compliancy and adherence to health & safety regulations, Mears standard operating procedures Mears values and quality assurance accreditations. Demonstrate, maintain and monitor the company’s commitment to best practice with legislation, codes of practice & good working practices relevant to all work activities.
- Management of direct labour resources and supply chain, identifying opportunities to increase productivity and capture and maximise efficiency savings. Work with group procurement to maximise the benefit of national procurement agreements and new innovations.
- Adherence to and completion of company & client reporting protocols with required timescales.
- Cultivate a positive, customer focused culture that is instilled and promoted across all work / programme activities via Mears Red Thread. Ensure this culture is actively demonstrated by staff through a professional approach to communicating with all stakeholders, through appearance of sites, works, assets and individuals and in maintaining high health & safety standards at all times.
- Ensure attainment of high levels of customer satisfaction in delivery and achieving contractual KPI targets, whilst adhering to MPS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage employees’ performance, coach and develop individuals in their roles. Protect all company assets supplied, ensuring applicable HR Policies & Procedures are followed, with assets maintained in good condition. Utilise reports available to administer this task.
- Cultivate a strong working relationship with client, service users and local communities. Provide feedback and assessment of client views in relation to project delivery and market trends.
- At Mears, we recognise that our people are our greatest asset and as such we believe this is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional professional to make a real difference to customers, communities and the people they lead.
What are we looking for?
- Proven track record of capital / programmed works management & delivery.
- Proven track record of commercial and performance management.
- Ability to manage multiple sites & contracts.
- Proven track record of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of contract/project management including:
- Motivating & inspiring a diverse workforce;
- Building & maintaining a strong control environment incorporating business governance, risk management processes (registers and BCP) and adherence to Scheme of Delegated Authority (SODA).
You will also demonstrate -
- Results and output driven to deliver contractual requirements
- Commitment to put the customer at the heart of the service to deliver a great user experience to a diverse client group
- Process driven candidates with great attention to detail and meticulous record keeping evidenced by maintaining accurate information on IT systems
- Continuous service improvement - this is a new contract and we need to be open to sharing best practice to ensure we have the right processes and resources in place
- Performance culture and collaborative working in order to effectively manage and escalate risk
As part of the recruitment process, we would need to carry out a successful DBS and BPSS Check.
If you are interested, then we want to hear from you. Simply make your first click and join us on our journey..
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'