Driving Plus is the On-Site HGV driver supplier division of the Staffline Group, providing recruitment solutions to many of the UK's leading supermarket and logistics providers throughout the UK. The vision of Driving Plus is to build and develop the most reliable integrated workforce in the country and to become the leading creator of opportunities, jobs and innovation in the driving sector.
As a Contract Manager, reporting into the Regional Manager, you will leading an established onsite driving solution for a strategic customer in Ashby-de-la-Zouch (Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire). Working onsite at Pladis Global (United Biscuit) this position offers a great opportunity for somebody with the desire to build relationships and deliver best practice in customer service. The site typically operates Monday - Friday so doesn't come with the associated pressures of a 7 day week operation and already has an established dedicated driver pool. You will be accountable for the day to day provision of workers and the management of the HGV driver workforce, whilst ensuring a high level of professionalism and communication to both, the customer and the temporary workforce.
The successful applicant will be given an opportunity to develop a career within the recruitment sector, working within the market leading provider of temporary workforce solutions throughout the UK and Ireland and exposure to some of the UK's leading retail / logistics companies as their lead supplier of HGV drivers.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Managing the site, ensuring the delivery of excellent service, all planning, payroll, absence management and internal compliance procedures are followed
- Meeting with clients to understand what they want
- Preparing documents required for client review meeting
- Putting together plans and estimates, including budgets and timescales
- Pro-actively managing the applicant pipeline to ensure recruitment and resourcing needs are consistently met and planned well in advance to maximise fulfilment of shifts
- Induction training and/or initial training with contractors followed by 1-2-1 reviews as and when required dependent upon clients' needs and requests
- Achieving KPI's as set by line manager and the customer service level agreement
- Using IT systems available and ensure internal systems are fully and accurately updated as necessary
- Providing cover and/or support to other areas as required
- Ensuring any issues raised by the Client or Drivers are dealt with efficiently and professionally
- Building strong relationship with the client and reporting any problems to line manager ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring the account operates efficiently on a day to day basis and all records are kept up to date
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have an analytical mind, an excellent problem solving skills, the ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential challenges
- Have a proven track record of being able to motivate a team to meet challenging KPI's
- Be flexible to work weekends and cover out of hours as and when required
- Be highly organised, have excellent attention to detail and a demonstrable ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential challenges
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Recruitment experience is preferred but not essential.
Driving Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from diverse communities and a variety of industry sectors.
Previous experience as a team leader or manager role in logistics, industrial or temp recruitment for the sector is highly desirable.
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience) + bonus £6000 per year, paid quarterly
Interested? Click APPLY NOW by sending your C.V and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role or call Simon on to discuss the opportunity.
- team leader
- contract manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job