Contract Manager - UK
In over five decades of business MIKI Travel have grown to become one of the most influential Travel Wholesaler’s in the global market. With over 40 offices worldwide, we are proud to offer a vast portfolio of travel products covering 173 countries worldwide.
As a Business to Business travel provider, our product diversity ranges from vast numbers of individual tours to large group series as well as ad-hoc group tours, covering hotels, restaurants and coaches. We provide the highest quality of travel services aiming to innovate and inspire.
Miki Travel are looking for people with a genuine interest in pursuing a career within the travel industry. Our office in the City of London offers a multicultural environment and employs people with a diverse range of experience and skills.
About the Department
The Contracts and Purchasing team are responsible for sourcing the European Hotel product for both its group and individual (FIT) leisure segments. This involves contracting and managing rates, availability and general terms and conditions with hotels. Additionally we are responsible for the contracting of local service arrangements in some destinations in Europe. We manage relationships with suppliers and provide support to other departments.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Contract Manager for the United Kingdom within our Contracts and Purchasing Department to be based in our London office.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of contracting hotels and be fully accountable for negotiating rates, terms and conditions with hotels.
- Negotiate with suppliers & regularly monitor to ensure MIKI has the best rates
- Negotiate special offers and exclusive deals with all hotels throughout the year
- Closely monitor the room production and work with all the relevant parties to stimulate growth of bookings, room nights and revenue
- Comprehensive understanding of the internal systems and processes in order to contract more efficiently and effectively
- Undertake ongoing analysis of product and quality within contracting area to maintain consistent product offering for clients
- Conduct required number of business trips to improve relations with suppliers and negotiate best in market rates in line with business requirements
- Address and resolve any issues with suppliers
- Experienced in Hotel Contracting in the UK.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results driven individual
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ambitious with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Available to travel up to 8 weeks maximum a year
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to develop close working relationships with suppliers to achieve optimum results
- Ability to keep up with the market trends and adapt work towards it
What we offer;
As well as offering a friendly, multicultural environment, our benefits include;
- Riverside offices in the City of London with great transport links
- Free Gym and Swimming Pool on site
- Digital GP service and free eye tests
- Pension, life assurance
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Communication Skills
- Business Travel
- Market Intelligence
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'