My client specialises within the transport sector. Their clients are predominently within the hospital / care sector. It is essential the candidate for this role has worked in transport and understands how the transport sector works. You will be in full control on 1 very large contract and although you will primarily be based in the Ipswich Depot, the contract also runs from 3 other depots based in Suffolk and East Anglia, so regular travel to these depots will be required to monitor contract peformance.
Accountable for the overall operational, reputational and financial management of the East Anglian Contract.
Maintaining a compliant service through adherence with the Commissioner’s requirements as per the current contract agreement.
Seek organic growth of the business within the region.
Principal responsibilities and Accountability:
Financial: In conjunction with the Finance Department
- Accountable for achieving the contract’s budget targets. Maintaining financial control; optimising income whilst maintaining control of all expenditure.
- Accountable for the provision of monthly financial management information (FMI) within the agreed time frame to company finance department and senior management. Ad hoc FMI may also be required.
- Identify authorisation levels for sub-contractor spend
HR: In conjunction with the HR Department
- Recruit "best people" to provide the service, ensure all required shifts are covered by the best available resource at all times.
- Maintain the contracts absence management.
- Ensure each permanent contract employee receives an annual PDR.
- Manage contract disciplinary or grievance matters in line with company policies promptly and professionally.
- Ensure the contract is compliant with company recruitment process: legislation, company / contract requirements.
- Maintain training records for all staff, training records must be current and evidenced.
- Develop and ensure the monthly delivery of service related tool box talks (TBTs); promote best practice, safe systems of work and contract compliance.
- Each employee to be provided and governed by a current / relevant job description
Health & Safety: In conjunction with H&S
- Accountable for all aspects of contract compliance including quality standards, Clinical Governance and Health & Safety.
- Ensure the contract remains audit ready at all times. CQC, ISO, IIP, HSE.
- Reporting, recording of all contract accidents / incidents, ensuring the contract is fully compliant with the company policies.
- Accountable for contractual information governance and adherence with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure all operational/ambulance equipment is maintained and functional to the required standard.
Client / contract relations:
- Ensure there is effective liaisons with Trust contacts / commissioners and service users to resolve any issues regarding the contract to provide pro-active management solutions, maintaining a positive working relationships at all times.
- Accountable for KPI compliance, reporting of performance data and any relevant management information in accordance with agreed contractual time scales.
- Continually monitor rota patterns to meet changing operational requirements of the client and minimise business costs, consulting with unions, reps and senior managers as appropriate.
- Complete, record and report customer satisfaction surveys for both patients and client. Monthly targets to be agreed locally.
- Eligibility criteria to be successfully implemented in accordance with contract. Targets to be agreed locally with commissioners and senior management.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the Cleric database to ensure the provision current and relevant information
Fleet management: in conjunction with Fleet Management
- Accountable for contract fleet management. All contract fleet safety checks, servicing, MOTS are complete when due. All vehicle equipment is serviced in accordance to company policy or manufacturers recommendation.
- Ensure all vehicle operators receive documented licence checks every 6 months
- Seek organic growth for the business within your region.
- Implement continual service improvement through innovation
- Identify sequin opportunities in line with contract agreement
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities required to fulfil the role.
This role is paying in the region of 30k pa depending on experience there is potentially more. Candidates without a transport industry background will not be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job