A varied role in a friendly office in the heart of Chancery Lane. This company are market leaders in the electrical field, working on the high end shops, hotels and domestic projects. If you are looking for a nice environment and a varied role where your skills are appreciated this is for you.
If you are a great communicator who is self motivated, confident, reliable and be able to juggle many different tasks and work consistently apply now.
You will be assisting the Contracts Manager in their bright and airy offices with a variety of roles including junior buyer responsibilities (procurement), dealing with suppliers, site managers, pricing, quotes, invoicing, purchasing, ensuring lead times match site schedules and generally assisting the on site teams from the office. This role is like project management on a small scale, ensure materials are delivered, the right price is paid and they are in the right place at the right time.
Experience in Construction or Electrical industry or similar would be preferred, but if you have buying skills or can prove you are great for this role you will of course be considered.
- Liaise with wholesalers to check stock availability and place orders for materials
- Assisting the Contract Managers in the office, i.e. quotations, drawing take offs, tendering etc.
- Liaising with specialists electrical & lighting suppliers to source item availability and lead times for nonstandard items.
- Ensuring deliveries are on site when required. Chasing items that are long lead time
- Maintaining in house records using excel; weekly procurement schedule, discount structure
- Obtaining and chasing up quotes.
- Checking supplier invoices and obtaining credits where necessary.
- Updating the discount schedule to ensure best discounts from wholesalers
- Assisting the Director with big quotes and preparing pricing packs and offers, competing against other large leading firms
- Organising and invoicing maintenance works.
- Assisting with ad hoc admin duties in the office, answering phones, taking & forwarding messages, arranging couriers, booking vehicles,
- Getting stuck in and helping the team wherever necessary!
JOB ROLE: Junior Electrical Buyer / Assistant to Contract Managers
JOB TYPE: Perm
COMPANY TYPE: Electrical supplier, interior design, shop fitting, big commercial projects and high end residential projects
HOURS: 8:00am - 5:00pm
SALARY: £22,000 - 25,000 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Holiday allowance, Pension
NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted for the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job