Position: Contract Java Developer - Agile, Spring, Web Services
Suitable for: Java Developer or Senior Java Developer or Java Solutions Software Engineer or Technical Lead or Solutions Lead with minimum 3 years exp
Location: York, North Yorkshire (outskirts of York)
Duration: 3 - 6 month initial contract (possible extension to June)
Rate: £300 - £375 per day
As a Java Developer, you will work in agile teams to deliver innovative Java solutions for customers within a variety of industry sectors. You will have a passion for technology and software development and enjoy writing high quality Java code that delivers excellent solutions for customers.
We require a Java Developer with the following experience:
- Experience of working in agile teams using Scrum
- Experience in either developing highly interactive web sites that provide a great user experience or in developing high concurrency, resilient integration solutions.
- Experience of agile branching strategies and source code management using tools such as Git
Experience (minimum of 3 years) of the following technologies:
- Java SE and Java EE Framework
- Web Services or REST services
- Databases (ie SQL Server)
- Apache Tomcat or other open source Java container (ie Glassfish, JBoss etc)
Desirable Skills include:
- User Needs Research and Design
- Design skills (OO, Enterprise Integration, Web Services, User Interface)
- Development within continuous integration environment (preferably Jenkins or Bamboo, Jira and Github)
- Team leadership experience, motivating and mentoring development teams.
- Client interaction experience, you will be leading solutions for clients and be confident in explaining your choices with the customer.
Founded in 1999, our client is a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work there have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There's no hierarchy or egos to get in the way - just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
The people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. Whilst they take work seriously, they don't take themselves the same way. They have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment - a converted mill in the middle of Leeds.
Technology is their passion but at heart they are a people business. Everything they do is guided by their values and a determination to be the very best.
To apply: please follow the online application process and upload your CV in word
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered
- Web Services
- Core Java
- spring mvc
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job