This exciting Engineering, manufacturing and production company are looking for an immediately available Contract Finance Analyst. The purpose of the job is essentially to proactively produce internal and external financial reporting and financial analysis, supporting the company's financial accounting, reporting and control activities to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best industry practice.
Engineering, manufacturing and production company based in between Stamford and Market Deeping are looking for someone to fit in with their enviable high growth finance function. They are leaders in their field and looking for strong individuals able to add value with training and support along the way into a permanent position.
Contract Finance Analyst Key Responsibilities:
Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances.
- Prepare, agree and issue Annual Operating Plans to senior management.
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and that group policies are followed.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Lead the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate policy.
- Ensure statutory compliance including payroll related matters, income tax, withholding tax, VAT and corporation tax.
- Manage the financial instruments used by the company to limit its exposure to movements in foreign exchange rates.
- Proactively explore opportunities to maximise cash management and manage profitability.
- Support the preparation of annual statutory report and accounts.
- Prepare and analyse month-end Management Accounts for subsidairies and Parent company, exercising judgement in selection and application of information.
- Proactively highlight risks and opportunities to the business using a range of management accounting techniques, and communicate effectively to the key stakeholders.
Contract Finance Analyst experience
- Part qualified or finalist level accountant/ finance analyst (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent Excel and database modelling skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of UKGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Financial accounting experience, including overheads, payroll, pension accounting, project accounting, withholding tax, Tax and VAT (ideally in an international arena).
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally experience of providing Financial Control and Financial accounting within an international organisation.
- Strong team leader skills including running a team in a dynamic environment.
- Involvement in the implementation of processing and control systems in a time pressured environment.
- Experience in the application of internal control procedures and frameworks
- A 'can-do' attitude, driven by the desire to deliver on-time every time and to impress stakeholders.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Ability to communicate well in written and verbal form.
- Ability to set exemplary standard and provide direction and motivation to members of the finance department
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Proven team player with leadership skills.
- Locally based to Market Deeping, Stamford or Peterborough
A great opportunity to progress up the career ladder and have a real commercial input inot strategy
- financial analysis