Contract Compliance Officer required for a leading retail company on an initial 6-month contract.
Location: Milton Keynes + Venlo, Netherlands (50/50 split)
Rate: Depending on experience
- Previous experience in a Compliance role within a business focused IT environment
- Previous e-commerce/retail experience
- Any certification in related areas, such as CISA, CRISK or PCI ISA
- Strong customer focus and customer awareness, excellent communication skills, result driven
- Previous experience with compliance including internal and external audit requirements
- Experience in pan-European organisations
- Experience of available tools that can be used to improve effectiveness of Compliance, controls execution and monitoring
- Knowledge of any other systems & software used by the company (including AS400, SAP, Oracle, JDE, JDA, Unix, Hybris and Cloud Solutions)
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written. Other language skills (Dutch, German, Spanish, French and/or Italian).
- Play a key role in the establishment and communication of long term Compliance objectives for the IT organisation through development and adoption of formal and effective policies & procedures and provision, coordination, and monitoring of compliance services of the IT organization
- Monitor compliance to internal and external policies/standards and legislations, take actions when needed and report progress and exceptions.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting of:
- The activities of the IT organization to ensure and demonstrate compliance with internal and external audit requirements
- The remediation activities for identified deficiencies and weaknesses
- Internal and external audit activities, including support for Auditors and Control Owners
- Certification activities, including support for certification authorities
- Continued development of the IT Controls Framework to ensure that existing and emerging risks are appropriately managed
- Development and delivery of Compliance awareness programmes for internal audiences to create awareness on the vision, policies and procedures with regard to internal and external audit in order to set a basis for effective Compliance
- Liaise with counterparts in IT and Business to provide aligned policies and processes, and shared activities where appropriate.
- Participate in projects and programs to define the compliance scope and activities
- Contribution to the development and delivery of the broader Compliance programme