The Contract Compliance Officer
Is working for a prestigious and reputable organisation within the education sector, based in Middlesex, TW12. The organisation is one of the UK’s leading independent schools with an outstanding working environment in which the IT Technician can progress. The working environment is second to none, and for permanent staff they offer benefits including a generous pension scheme, private health insurance, free lunches and free parking, plus lots more! This is a contract role for 5 months initially, but with lots of scope to extend.
To take responsibility for and to coordinate the Trust’s compliance initiatives. The successful candidate must have strong administration, communication, organisation and risk management skills and have experience with working with a broad range of colleagues, including senior managers and external parties. They. The successful candidate must be able to extract details from individuals and/or functional areas on their processing activities and will systematically identify, document and report on risks or issues linked to relevant legislation and regulation. The ability to work under pressure and to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines is essential.
Compliance refers to, but is not limited to, GDPR, Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), BSI and ISO standards.
- Being the first point of contact for staff raising compliance queries
- Liaising with all departments and staff to provide subject matter expertise
- Supporting staff in capturing their processing activities, including but not limited to data processing
- Clearly capturing and tracking the Trust’s activities linked to compliance in relevant documents, ensuring auditing standards are adhered to
- Developing and where appropriate training staff to understand their compliance obligations, and improve professional practice
- Regularly auditing departmental activities linked to compliance obligations
- Regularly reporting risks, issues, opportunities and progress to the senior management team
- Identifying areas of improvement in the trust’s policies and processes
- Drafting or amending trust policies and processes in line with compliance obligations
- Leading on initiating and delivering compliance projects, linked to agreed areas of improvement
- Applying change management skills and techniques to drive through projects and initiatives
- Managing project delivery through matrix working and drawing on colleagues throughout the trust (and in many cases external parties).
PERSON SPECIFICATION - SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role or similar responsibilities. It is desirable for the post holder to have knowledge in one or more areas of GDPR, risk management, health and safety, data protection, security, and legislation.
The successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Qualifications and experience
- University degree educated and professional qualifications
- Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential
- Experience and knowledge across GDPR, contract law, Data Protection, Policy reviews and knowledge of ISI compliance is desirable
- Experience of providing administrative support across multiple functions
- Familiar with managing multiple tasks, whilst ensuring key stakeholders are fully informed of the progress being made
- Knowledge of finance, compliance, quality and documentation management
- Experience of working on projects using Prince2 methodology.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job