Job Title: C++ Tools Software Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 month initial - likely to extend
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Rate: Circa £320/day
About our Client
Based in Buckinghamshire, our client is a Global leader in the design and development of Semiconductor technology and products. With their expertise, they strive daily to use their knowledge and push it in to new areas, contributing their advancements to numerous industry areas.
About the Job
To aid our client in delivering a new product, we are currently seeking a talented C++ Engineer to help develop stand-alone tools for electronic products, but based on PC platforms running Windows.
The job within the tools team is varied and diverse. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on the entire lifecycle of software components from initial requirements specification, through design, implementation and test.
- Object Orientated and multi-threaded design and development
- Windows programming experience (C++).
- Full development lifecycle experience.
- Experience of working on Windows Based Platforms (PC)
- Experience/knowledge of electronics products, ability to understand schematics or processor data sheets
- MUST have developed a stand-alone tool for a desktop platform in the past. This cannot be an application or tool reliant on web connected inputs
- Development of Eclipse plug-ins
- Windows development tool experience (Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010).
PLEASE NOTE - DUE TO THE URGENCY OF THE POSITION, NETHER MICROTECH OR OUR CLIENT CAN ACCEPT APPLICATIONS REQUIRING SPONSORSHIP. APPLICANTS *MUST* HAVE EITHER A UK/EU PASSPORT, TIER-1/HSMP VISA OR PERMANENT/RESIDENCY/INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK.
Unless otherwise stated, please assume that this contract will be based on-site for the full duration.