Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires a Contract Buyer to ensure the supply of purchased parts and services to production facilities in line with the business needs in the most cost effective & time critical way whilst ensuring the best P&L for the business
- Responsible for the cost management of commodity groups for a supplier spend in excess of £100m.
- Operating headcount - 0
- Lead the maintenance/management of Company suppliers to support the needs of the business and select best in class suppliers.
- To manage the total cost of acquisition and support the needs for responsible accounts
- Adhere to all aspects of procedures and practices
- Support areas of the purchasing department and other departments/areas as appropriate
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Review & understand commodity and market pricing via analysis of raw material fluctuations, currency movement and market trends/demands to support cost reduction via negotiation, internal waste reduction projects & design/development improvements.
- Negotiate long term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier improvement programmes
- Work closely with development & engineering teams in evaluating new products & technology to obtain best market pricing
- Undertake make or buy scenarios, local cooperative purchasing and implement as necessary
- Adhere to administration systems ensuring agreed processes of the purchase cycle such as order format, delivery schedules etc are complied with
- Undertake training to ensure that the required standards are achieved.
- Report on a monthly basis all cost reduction achievements, rolling project programmes and all key performance indicators. To mitigate price increases imposed on the business from the supply base
- Support improvement projects including Six Sigma initiatives
- Update and control of visual KPI’s and 5S audits boards
- Act as an Ambassador for the Company, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote as a market leader.
- Cost reduction / Cost Increase management and reporting on a PO to PO basis
- Cost Reduction Savings- Process & Waste, Development & Engineering, Cost of Quality
- Inventory Reduction - Number of Suppliers on inventory reduction programmes and value of product & Contract Status: (suppliers under contract) and agreed price structures
- Interface with all areas of the business including assembly, supply chain, development, engineering and external suppliers
- Experience in the complete 'Purchase Cycle’ and MRP systems
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred
- Computer literate in prime Microsoft applications
- The ability to communicate well at all levels by showing good presentation skills with a willingness to embrace change
- Data driven with good negotiation skills supported by a desire to achieve best market pricing
- An understanding of budgets and manufacturing, ideally with a background in marine or luxury brands.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job