* Responsibility for baselining the contracts and contract management practice for Strategic and Critical contracts in the allocated Directorate(s)
* Responsibility for influencing the commercial performance of a portfolio of the Council's Strategic and Critical contracts.
* Provide commercial support and advice to both internal and external stakeholders regarding any contractual matters.
* Support the adoption of best practice with the aim of ensuring that the Commercial function is seen as 'best in class' in Supply Chain Management within the public sector and beyond. Contribute to keeping policies, procedures, documents and workflows up-to-date.
* Assist the Contract and Supplier Relationship Management Team Manager in identifying potential efficiencies in the wider contract portfolio for the allocated Directorate(s).
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
* Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
You should match the following criteria:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification such as MCIPS or IACCM Expert
* A demonstrable track record of managing strategic contracts in a large dynamic, fast moving, complex, business critical environment. This should include the ability to define, measure and improve key elements of supplier performance
* A track record of delivering continuous improvement in large, strategic partnership arrangements resulting in significant cost and service benefits
* Knowledge of the roles of commissioning, procurement, SRM and contract management in the successful delivery of services at an organisation the scale and complexity of Cornwall Council
* Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a pan-organisational perspective
* Proven experience of financial management, risk management and the principles of effective project management
* A track record of successfully working with partners and external bodies to achieve organisational aims and objectives
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job