The Continuous Improvement Technician assists in the coordination of Lean transformation activities, champions change, and is a resource for Lean improvement techniques. This position provides leadership, guidance, and follow-through to support the completion of departmental sustainment goals and objectives.
- Coordinates a variety of action items to sustain improvements made during Kaizen Events:
- Monitors 30 day follow-up activities and reports
- Works with management teams to sustain results
- Verifies and validates that corrective actions from Kaizen events and CAPA’s (Corrective Action / Preventative Action) are being sustained
- Trains associates in Lean Principles in classroom sessions
- Facilitates Point Kaizen events
- Participates in daily and week-long Kaizen Events.
- Interacts with various departments, such as engineering, sales, marketing, or operations to complete assigned goals and objectives achieved during Kaizen Events or those that facilitate continuous improvement.
- Analyzes data to identify Kaizen opportunities
- Work individually or as a team member to perform root cause analysis.
- Maintains and update the site’s SQDC (safety, quality, delivery, cost) metrics
- Develops standard operations sheets and all applicable forms/flow charts created during Kaizen events
- Helps build a CI culture across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years of college courses, preferred
- Two (2) or more years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to Identify Problems
- Interested and capable in solving problems and driven to execute
- Very strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effective team player
The CI Tech is critical to sustaining the work from Kaizen events and Point Kaizen activities. They will work in the areas after the execution of the Kaizen events to ensure sustainment and facilitate problem solving when issues occur.
The CI Tech needs to have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to analyze and track data as well as building communication messages/charts.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job