Continuous Improvement Technician
£25,000 - 31,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this multinational manufacturing business in their search for a Continuous Improvement technician to work at their facility based near Wrexham.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of continuous improvement projects who is looking for a challenging position where they can develop their experience within a forward-thinking company.
As a CI Team Member you will be expected to use your continuous improvement skills to improve the manufacturing processes to ensure our high quality products are produced efficiently and cost-effectively.
It is expected that you will have a high level of technical expertise and skill, that you will use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply structured methodology to problem solving (e.g. DMAIC, 8D)
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis (e.g. Fishbone, 5 Why) and develop Corrective Actions
- Work closely with other teams / departments to develop process improvements
- Support Value Stream Leaders to deliver business objectives & meet or exceed targets
- Control & validate process changes using appropriate tools (e.g. PPAP, Change Notes)
- To assist in the development of standardised operating procedures
- Identify, develop and implement best practices across the plant
- To investigate flow/workplace organisation (e.g. plant layout, 5S) plant wide and make recommendations for improvement
- Candidates must have completed 6 Sigma yellow Belt as a minimum
- Experience of process improvements within a manufacturing environment. This will preferably come from an Automotive/high volume environment.
- Must be able to provide examples of completed CI projects within a relevant industry and ideally have minimum 2+ years experience delivering these type of projects
- Some experience within a leadership/management role would also be desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Ability to communicate to both large and small groups
- Comfortable dealing with SMT and shop floor.
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to "think outside the box"
- Proficient in MS Office
The company offer a challenging environment and genuine support from the senior management down to drive continuous improvement across the business.
Please send your CV and call David Evans at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 23/03/2018