Our client is a well-established provider of security printing and distribution services for examination and electoral bodies, for governments and authorities in the UK and worldwide. Due to new requirements within the business, they are now looking to appoint a Continuous Improvement & Quality Manager to play a central part within the technical and manufacturing teams.
Reporting to the Production Director, and working closely with the operations team, you will be responsible for:
- To conduct root cause analysis into customer complaints and other quality data.
- Devise corrective actions within the manufacturing process, and also coach and develop the manufacturing team to have a more proactive approach to quality.
- Be a catalyst for change, and implement new ways of working and further develop a culture of sustainable continual improvement, promoting continual improvements throughout the business.
- Maintain certification of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 through internal, external, supplier and customer audits and corrective action plans, and ensure the obligations for all current legislation are met.
- Compile and present weekly/monthly reports to senior management.
- Manage non-conformances, ensuring preventative actions are tracked and closed.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place for identification and trace-ability of materials and products from receipt to delivery.
- Effectively manage the customer complaints system ensuring they are addressed and closed in a timely manner.
- Develop succession planning for key roles and individuals, identifying areas of long term personal development within the operational teams and to write and deliver training programmes aimed at improving manufacturing processes and improving quality throughout the company.
- Qualified in Lean Six Sigma or Prince 2
- Experience in implementing and delivering operational excellence / continual improvement projects with the ability to demonstrate where you have previously implemented new ideas or processes
- Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Certified to minimum internal auditor (lead auditor preferable)
- Experience in working in print production or a lean manufacturing environment
- Strong I.T. skills with a good understanding of Microsoft packages and the ability to interrogate and understand customer data
- Previous experience of writing and delivering training in one-to-one and group scenarios would be beneficial
- Understanding of the GDPR legislation and its implementation within business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage all employees, and encourage them to adopt new approaches
Reference: NT - 11738