Our Client is currently looking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Manager to their business on a Permanent Basis.
Hours of Work are : Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm.
Salary : £50,000 to £55,000 per annum + Annual Performance Bonus
Occasional travel is required for this role so candidate must have a full UK Driving Licence.
This is a senior role at the Immingham site and the Key things for the role are: Degree in either Chemistry, Operations, Engineering, proven experience of working within a FMCG operational/Manufacturing environment.
The successful individual will be leading the Quality department so must have a proven experience of quality systems and auditing but as it is a CI role candidates applying also need to have excellent knowledge of project management/Lean/Six sigma.
You are accountable for all parts of the continuous improvement process and ensuring they come together to deliver the correct quality and specification of the final product. By liaising and understanding all aspects of our manufacturing process you will lead; quality, 'Take Care & People agendas. You are the conduit between the different departments providing important data, feedback and communication. Overall, you are vital in maintaining a strong organisational reputation in the marketplace and to enable the business to achieve its vision by transforming our capability, efficiency, effectiveness and agility through efficient use of all resources.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities :
* You will be seen as the leader of the Quality & Continuous Improvement process, working with colleagues across the wider organisation to deliver goals and achieve sustainable improvement.
* You are required to assist in developing a clear vision of the organisational goals and ensuring that manufacturing achieves all of its goals; at all times operating in line with the Company's ambition and Leadership principles.
* You are accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction is at the heart of the manufacturing activity and is a key element of every decision making process.
* You are required to identify the outstanding achievements of our people and ensure that success is celebrated
* You are responsible for developing the most effective communication systems and techniques to maximise engagement at all levels.
* You are required to use available IT data through defined systems to monitor, analyse and anticipate conditions affecting operational efficiency; To work with colleagues to take appropriate action when and where necessary to ensure optimal performance.
* You will be accountable for keeping working capital to a minimum and plan and implement working patterns to support the needs of manufacturing.
* You are required to ensure appropriate, consistent and professional management practices throughout the process and quality areas in line with the Company's values.
* You are required to actively use the PPD process in maximising your team's ability to respond to business needs; developing your team and individuals to perform to their potential.
* You are accountable for the training and development of our people to equip primarily Managers and, in turn, employees with the correct competences for current and future process and quality needs.
* You will be the driving force for the manufacturing change management process in conjunction with the plant management team.
* You are accountable for ensuring that overheads are managed effectively with such controls as are needed to keep within budgetary limits.
* You are required to work in accordance with requirements of your role set out in the IMS, including but not limited to H&S, Quality, Environment and Corporate Responsibility (including Competition and Bribery Acts) and where appropriate, take action to rectify issues of non-conformance.
* Anything else commensurate to complete your role.
Qualifications, skills, ability and/or experience:
* Degree in either Chemistry, Operations, Engineering.
* Proven experience of working within a FMCG Operational/Manufacturing environment.
* Proven experience of quality systems and auditing.
* A proven Leader is essential.
* Demonstrates competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent knowledge of project management.
* Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
* Excellent Microsoft & data analysis skills is essential.
Right4Staff is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job