Continuous Improvement Manager
Salary £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
As Continuous Improvement Manager you will be working for an established manufacturing business that is undertaking a program of change focused on operational excellence. This is being supported and driven from the highest levels within the company and will require extensive experience of advanced lean manufacturing tools and techniques. As a specialist lean continuous improvement practitioner you will have a background that demonstrates an ability to impart change and deliver sustainable improvement, you will facilitate and lead improvement projects working across all levels within the business.
To be considered for this Continuous Improvement Manager position you must have or be:
- A thorough understanding of modern Lean/Six Sigma tools and techniques, including SOP, VSM, Kaizen, route cause analysis, 5S, 5Whys, TPM, SMED, workflow analysis and Kanban.
- Self-motivated and confident with the ability to problem solve, think on your feet and be comfortable working on the shop floor and equally at home working with the senior management team.
- An ability to scope projects, analyse data and chair business improvement meetings.
- Commercially orientated with the ability to build robust working relationships internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
- A real passion for delivering sustainable improvement, lead by example, setting high standards, able to influence and motivate.
- Currently working as a manufacturing improvement specialist or Kaizen Manager working within a low to medium volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation.
- A relevant degree level qualification in an appropriate technical discipline. (mechanical, electrical, manufacturing, or materials)
This is a challenging and exciting role and you will be joining a manufacturing business experiencing significant growth and embarking on a major change programme. Working alongside the senior management team you will have the opportunity to play a leading role in shaping the future manufacturing strategy for this dynamic manufacturing company. Based on success there are real opportunities for career advancement.
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma