We have a great opportunity for a mechanical or electrical engineer to join our team of Continuous Improvement Engineers!
This is a really interesting role which involves working with some of our biggest customers, across multiple sites whilst having visibility across our entire organisation!
We are looking for a hands-on engineer to help our customers make real cost savings through improvement initiatives such as improving the energy efficiency or production rates of their manufacturing sites. This is a great opportunity for a proactive forward-thinking engineer who can enthuse our customers and create real value adding solutions.
As Continuous Improvement Engineer you will have a portfolio of 2-3 large key customers and will work with our on site and locally based teams to ensure solutions you identify are seen through to fruition. You will build up an in-depth knowledge of our product and service offering in order to identify and create long lasting solutions for our customer base
Ideally based in the Midlands, or not far, you will cover the UK sites of the key customers you support so will need to be able to travel (when we can!) and happy to stay away from home (again when we can!)
At the moment the team are able to work on some sites as we are classed as key workers helping to keep our manufacturing industry functioning, others we may not be able to go to site but have developed great remote ways of working.
A taste of what you will be doing:
- Work with customer key stakeholders, Brammer / Buck & Hickman staff at all levels to identify continuous improvement projects in line with Joint business objectives.
- Deliver on contractual cost saving commitments.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture throughout the business by training, developing and empowering others to contribute and lead improvement projects.
- Ensure all improvements are in line with company business strategy, and other initiatives.
- Develop and implement metrics and measures to show the impact of improvement initiatives where appropriate.
What we will be looking for:
- Qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with an understanding and experience of working with mechanical systems and processes.
- Experience working across multiple sites
- A commercially minded engineer
- An influencer who can enthuse clients and team members
- An excellent communicator who can present clear solutions, explain how they add value and demonstrate how they reduce costs.
What’s in it for you:
A highly competitive base salary
Car or Car Allowance
But, maybe more importantly we offer you a role in which you can make your own and develop within, we have our Rubix Academy which provides training and development opportunities and we operate in an entrepreneurial environment and look to our colleagues to make a real difference for the business! We value and encourage our colleagues to take ownership and act with integrity and team work is at the core of everything we do!
Join Karl and the team today
Brammer Buck & Hickman is Europe’s leading distributor of industrial maintenance, repair and overhaul products and services, including bearings, mechanical power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, tools and PPE.
- Commercial Awareness
- Mechanical Engineering
- Influence Others
- Lean Principles
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'