This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Location: Featherstone, West Yorkshire
Reporting to: General Manager
Do you want to work for an award winning, successful Company?
Then look no further - Culina Group, Motor Transport Award winner 2014 is now recruiting.
Culina Group a well established leader in the logistics market is recruiting for a Continental Shift Engineer on a permanent basis at our IPS Featherstone depot.
The role holder will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting the Production team where possible.
- Providing engineering solutions and assisting in operational capacity
- Monitoring all machines and ancillary plant
- Following preventative maintenance and lubrication schedules
- Handling repairs during production
- Planning maintenance
- Inspecting outside production hours - some weekend and overtime working will be required to suit the business needs
- Carrying out scheduled work in order to restore machines and the site back to standard.
- Carrying out change overs when required.
- Looking for opportunities to continuously improve machine performance.
- Following set procedures and guidelines with respect to:-
- Food safety, Hygiene.
- Health and Safety, Lock off etc.
- Assisting in colleague training and development when required.
- Ensuring that good work practices and housekeeping are adhered to.
- Driving own personal development through training and work based experience.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Ideally you may have worked with packaging machinery within FMCG environment with supporting collage/technical qualifications in line with Engineering experience to date
- Familiar with maintaining packing equipment
- Experience of /with the following:
- Experience of horizontal flow packers
- Vertical form fill baggers
- Carton erectors
- Gluing systems
- Met /dets
- Pallet wrapping m/c
- Shrink wrapping
- Various bespoke hand packing / labelling lines some with printers
- Experience of working in a food factory environment would be advantageous
- Fully complete apprenticeship is desirable, with packing experience
- Basic computer literacy.
- Able to communicate and motivate others is an essential part of the role.
- Understanding of internal systems and processes, with the ability to work within these parameters.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements is essential.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive disposition, and a clear focus on meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and undertake overtime during busy periods when required.
Shifts: 4 on 4off Rotating – 06:00 – 18:00/18:00 – 06:00
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job