We are looking for a creative Content Manager to join our Marketing team. As Content Manager, you will be responsible for managing the strategy, planning, implementation and measurement of content across the Utilitywise marketing team with a focus on top of the funnel content.
As Content Manager, you should be an experienced and skilled creative writer and editor, able to apportion at least 50% of your job time to content creation without the use of an external agency and be able to produce quality results.
You should have knowledge, understanding and experience in digital demand generation and the role content marketing plays in it. You should also be able to perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. You will be comfortable planning and delivering content in a variety of forms, including video, infographics and animations, for a range of platforms. You’ll have experience working with designers, developers and agencies to deliver more complex forms of content.
You’ll be creative, versatile and data-driven with a deep understanding of content marketing and it goes without saying that your writing skills will be first class.
This is a mid-senior role and essential to driving our FY19 marketing strategy.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm. However, you may be required to work additional hours during busy periods therefore flexibility will be an advantage.
- Develop, own and implement a content strategy for Utilitywise
- Develop and own a dedicated content calendar and a library of content resources available for campaign, brand and social marketing teams
- Act as Editor for Utilitywise’s content hub/news and resources area
- Own and manage relationships with content agency, freelance copy writers/editorial journalists as required
- Lead on all aspects of content creation across the marketing team, based on customer and market topics and insight
- Create and write engaging value add content to be used across all marketing channels with a focus on digital and social in order to drive demand through the marketing funnel
- Work closely with the Marketing and Brand Manager and Digital Marketing team to set marketing content strategy aligned to business priorities
- Act as tone of voice champion for the organisation, supporting marketing colleagues in improving the quality of their copy
- Analyse metrics to report on content performance and optimise accordingly
- Reviewing, proof-reading, editing and improving existing content, highlighting areas for development and improving the copy
- Writing high-quality search-optimised content on a broad range of topics
- Conduct in-depth research to produce informative pieces of content
- Producing copy for a variety of formats including whitepapers, e-books, blog posts, social media and video
- Identifying hot topics and adapt them to new customer marketing campaigns, working closely with digital and brand teams
- Producing content that fulfils audience needs and enhances engagement by providing value to each steps of nurturing and NCM campaigns
- Monitoring content trends and relevant industry news and sharing this with the wider team
- You need to be a language-loving linguist with a creative flair.
- Strong understanding of trends in digital marketing and social media and how to leverage these channels most effectively.
- You should have a proven track record of producing amazing content that drives engagement across a range of media
- Ability to develop new methods and big ideas to engage SMB audiences across digital marketing and social media channels.
- Ability to tailor writing to different media, purposes and audiences
- Ability to work to a brief and meet deadlines
- Data analysis skills
- Creativity- the ability to come up with out of the box ideas that match the campaign objectives.
- An innate understanding of commercial value and measuring the success/failure of a project.
- Confident, friendly and comfortable working with people at all levels
3-5 years minimum experience in a content marketing or closely related field
- Exceptional communication skills and proficiency in English language, verbal and written, high attention to detail in editing
- An understanding of how the content strategy fits in with the overall marketing strategy, with a proven ability to drive demand through content.
- Digital marketing knowledge and understanding, with focus on demand generation
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Understanding of SEO best practice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"