The role of Intranet Development Manager (Financial Transparency Programme will be responsible for developing and implementing the British Council's Finance intranet (Global Finance Works). The initial focus will be on designing and developing the intranet site to deliver an aligned Finance intranet with clear links to the British Council's Learning Management System.
The post holder will report into the Learning and Development Manager for the programme and will be responsible for design, implementation, transition and championing of the Finance intranet across the British Council.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies core technical/professional knowledge, recognised best practice approaches and insight from previous experience to develop the Finance intranet site.
- Lead the design, development, implementation, transition and review of current materials
- Presents complex information clearly, tailoring the presentation of findings to meet the differing needs of both technical and non-technical audiences appropriately, as required
- Work with Finance colleagues in the FTP programme, SBUs and Regions to identify and prioritise changes to the intranet and drive simplification of content.
Internal customer focus
- Partner with Finance and other stakeholders as identified to lead an evaluation of intranet solutions, to identify opportunities for improvement, further exploitation and investment, and to develop and deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Ensure that clear 'user' journeys are agreed
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the specific operational context, opportunities and challenges facing their internal customer(s) to ensure the provision of procedural advice and support based on informed business insight
- Proactively seeks internal customer and other stakeholder feedback to monitor satisfaction with the standard of functional advice and business support provided, enabling improvements to be made where issues are identified
- Within their area of technical/professional expertise, identifies opportunities for procedural improvements within established policies and determines the most appropriate mechanisms and processes for implementing those changes. Demonstrates awareness of relevant governance arrangements that relate to making system or procedural changes
- Makes technical/professional recommendations to resolve specific or localised issues but also offers ideas which contribute to the development of wider solutions to broader business challenges and problems.
- Ensure the Finance intranet is properly transitioned to updated version.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to internal customers to ensure local or unit-specific business practices within their area of functional expertise are high quality, effective and compliant with relevant corporate policies
Commercial & financial management
- Shows an understanding of value for money/cost effectiveness in the advice, recommendations or service support provided to internal customers
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Develops good working relationships with appropriate colleagues throughout the British Council and in the relevant functional discipline to know who to engage with to enable effective implementation of procedural changes and improvements
- Builds a network of with external suppliers/providers/contacts to support effective service provision and knowledge exchange
Leadership & management
- Plans and prioritises own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and internal customer deliverables over a monthly to quarterly time horizon
- Shares intelligence and ideas to support senior managers in identifying/ developing new ways in which the functional specialism could positively impact upon the British Council's operational efficiency and effectiveness
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
Experience of Microsoft Share Point with minimum of 2 years' experience scoping, designing and developing Collaboration and Intranet sites.
Role Specific Skills
- Proven ability to drive change agenda forward
- Hands on effective project management
- Senior stakeholder management
- Projects with complex multiple changes including business processes
- Effective communication techniques and 'user' journey