Lloyd Recruitment Services are working with a leading B2B Publisher who are currently in search of a Content Editor to join their team in Croydon.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Content Editor to join one of the UK’s leading providers of marketing and communication material to financial services professionals.
The role of Content Editor is focused around the editorial management, development and delivery of content across their clients’ communications portfolio. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all products provide attractive and effective marketing communication that are well-written and engaging, technically accurate and relevant. The candidate should have an understanding of the wider financial services market and its concerns, and the desire and confidence to learn more. A strong editorial background will help underpin the coordination and management of a range of products in accordance with established processes, house styles, schedules, budgets and quality requirements.
- Content: Planning and commissioning required copy to ensure strong, up-to-date coverage suitable for the audiences across the products including quarterly newsletters, guides and reports. Ensuring all content is published to schedule and to standard. Providing overall editorial control maintaining quality and accuracy. They will be comfortable sub-editing the content, working with layouts and in checking the technical and written quality and clarity of the text.
- Product quality: Ensuring all client marketing publications deliver relevant, accurate and readable content for the end user presented to the highest standard. Maintaining standards through regular reviews and feedback at each product cycle.
- Scheduling and project management: Planning, coordinating and maintaining the production schedule from commissioning to dispatch for all the client marketing products, in conjunction with the Production Manager. The Content Editor will work closely with the Production team to ensure sign off policies and schedules are met.
- Relationship: Originating and maintaining good relationships with individual writers, technical experts and compliance departments, as well as working effectively in a team of in-house colleagues and freelancers.
- Layout, proofing and sign-off: Maintaining and improving the visual quality and integrity of the products as effective client communications. They will prepare the text for layout, select appropriate photographs and brief the typesetters.
- Additional service elements: Creating additional service elements around each product cycle. These include editorial lists and the marketing support pack for the final products, plus useful sales aides around different product sets.
- Social media: Helping to maintain the social channels across Twitter, Linked In and the company blog, including writing content pieces.
- Product development: Contributing and researching ideas for improvements to existing products or new products as the opportunity arises, with a focus on the commercial benefits of any new projects.
Essential skills and competencies:
- Strong editorial background in professional publishing
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience of managing multiple projects to schedule
- Knowledge of working with layouts and images
- Commissioning experience working with professional contributors
- Writing clear and concise copy
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Acrobat
- Commitment to accuracy, quality control and standards
Desirable skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of or interest in financial services
- Knowledge of CRM and/or online production systems
- Experience of writing for and managing social media channels/communications material
- Ability to research and assimilate information quickly
- Knowledge of Acrobat Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator etc)
- Creative lateral thinker
Salary £28K - £32K - plus 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
Due to the high volume of applications, Lloyd Recruitment Services can only contact shortlisted candidates
- Marketing Support
- Social Media
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'