Content Editor - Global FinTech - London
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading, fast-growing global FinTech brand, headquartered in Central London as a Content Editor. Ideally from a journalism background, you will have experience as a story teller, and will play an important role in writing complex and compelling stories from around the world.
The role will report into the Head of Content, and the successful incumbent will join a dynamic and growing team with lots of opportunity for career progression.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Journalism background is beneficial
- Interest in technology/emerging markets an advantage
- Amazing written English and sharp sub-editing skills
- Self-starter, capable of creating and managing your own workload
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with co-workers and bouncing ideas around Fantastically well organised
- Flair for creative storytelling
- Keen eye for spotting striking imagery likely to promote a story and an understanding of why a visually rich environment is important online
- Familiarity with social media, and writing for social
- Experience interviewing difficult subjects and teasing out their stories
- Experience in an online publishing environment and confidence working with CMS systems
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop or similar software to edit photos to illustrate articles and create photo galleries
- Wider understanding of Adobe’s Creative Cloud platform and some basic video editing skills and advantage but not a necessity
- Additional languages are a plus but not a necessity
- Reporting to the head of content, an ex-BBC journalist, you will write regular pieces for the blog, and for placement elsewhere both under your own byline and other peoples
- Drafting first-rate copy for content, PR and social functions
- Working closely with the head of content and the wider content team (including freelancers and crew based around the world), originate ideas for blog and social content
- Create in-depth stories to accompany video content, and supporting content and subtitles
- Write short news pieces and curate third party content
- Find stories that resonate with diverse audiences from around the world
- Manage existing media assets and look at ways to create added value
- Work with other members of the team to produce different types of content aimed at different markets
- Manage case study sourcing and interviews after being trained in our in-house data analysis tools
- Sub-edit contributors work accurately with consideration for tone of voice and content
- Manage external translators, ensuring all content is translated and processed for the French and Spanish sites
- Help the team prepare for in-country content and PR trips to places as diverse as Ghana, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and the Philippines
- Planning and organisational support
This is a superb opportunity to join a fast-growing international team, and be part of an exciting journey.
Salary Package: up to £27k with superb benefits on top: Bonus, Health, Life, Medical, 9% Contributory Pension, Flexi-Time, Remote working opportunities.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applicants within 14 days, due to volumes received this isn’t always possible. If you’re not contacted within 14 days, you may assume your application on this occasion has not been successful. Please keep an eye on our website www.marketing-talent.co.uk for future positions that may be of interest.
Keywords: Content, Content Editing, journalism, journalist, editor, storytelling, stories, sub-editing, social media, blogging, blog, CMS, content management, interviewing, adobe, creative suite, photoshop, creative cloud, PR, thought leadership, video, video editing, media, tone-of-voice, customer experience, marketing, degree, global, international, fintech, financial, London, team, remittance, trading, exchange, foreign exchange, fx, transfers, money, permanent.
- Content Management
- Copy Editing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job