Do you want to create content seen by millions all over the world?
Storm Ideas are a specialist agency focused on the intersection of media, entertainment and technology, working on a daily basis with globally recognised clients in the US TV industry.
We are looking for a smart, creative and enthusiastic content creator to assist in achieving our marketing objectives for 2018 and beyond.
Founded in 2008, Storm Ideas are an Edinburgh-based team that deliver pioneering digital solutions and content services for some incredible clients all over the world, particularly in the US TV industry. You will be working in a fast paced, exciting and fun environment amidst the lovely surroundings of The Shore in Leith.
You will be:
- Reviewing never-before-seen TV episodes before they’re released
- Fully immersing yourself in all aspects of each show e.g. show announcements, social accounts, fan culture, competitors’ coverage
- Generating creative content ideas to engage show fans
- Creating high-quality, imaginative content under real-time pressures such as quizzes, listicles, memes and gifs
- Proofing others’ work before delivery to clients
- Sourcing specific moments from episodes for video production e.g. funny moments from series one featuring a certain character
- Subtitling video posted to official show social accounts
Qualifications, Skills and Traits
Candidates will ideally possess:
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent writing skills with high levels of grammatical accuracy
- Creative streak that still shines even under time constraints
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with image and video editing software (bonus points for Photoshop or Premiere)
- High work-ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to adjust writing style to suit a variety of different audiences
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest trends in social and marketing
- A friendly and enthusiastic demeanour
The above list is just a guide for what the ideal candidate will look like. As long as you possess smarts, creativity and enthusiasm, please still apply.
£19k per annum.
As well as a competitive starting salary, Storm Ideas also offer a range of awesome benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays)
- High-end, fast computer with 2 large monitors
- A standing desk (if you’re up for it)
- Your own choice of headphones, keyboard, mouse and gel rests
- Company days out at least 2 times a year
- Bi-monthly, hour-long massage
- Paid training on the job
- Accounts with online tools like Lynda and Treehouse
After 3 Months
- £600 budget every two years to choose your own mobile phone
- Mobile phone monthly contract paid for
- Enrolment in workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- £100 towards glasses with Black & Lizars
- £243/month tax relief on childcare costs
After 1 Year
- Annual salary increase at a minimum in line with Average Weekly Earnings growth whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Performance Related Pay Scheme giving an annual bonus of up to 100% of monthly salary whenever Storm Ideas is in profit
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for this position, we want you to showcase your writing skills and creativity in the context of typical work we’d be looking for in the role:
- Write a short article (no more than 500 words) recapping any episode from your favourite TV show. This should be a fun and engaging article that makes use of a friendly, light-hearted tone. Remember to give your article a short and snappy title that encourages us to read on.
To apply for this position, please do so via this ad or send your CV and article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof Reading
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job