Care First Recruitment are currently recruiting for Contact Supervisors to work within the Chelmsford area.
If successful you will be required to work 6 times per year. You will usually be required to work in the school holidays.
The Contact Supervisor will need to provide supervised contact between children and their parents and/or other relatives where court orders or other circumstances make this necessary.
- To undertake supervised contact for children who are in the care of the local authority as well as for some children who are adopted or on a special guardianship order.
- Facilitate contact between Guardian & family/child at contact in line with court direction.
- Support children and young people to manage expectations of contact
- Guide children and young people on how to interact, play and develop
- Write comprehensive reports on each contact
- Ability to use IT equipment
- Supervise contact both in borough and out of borough
- Maintain accurate records and reports on pieces of work carried out ensuring client confidentiality
- Immediately report to the centre any concerns of a child protection nature in accordance with policy and procedure
- Attend staff meetings or team meetings if required
You are required to have some practical experience working with children, young people and their families.
Candidates will need to have a Child Care, Social Work, Social Care, Counselling, Youth Work, Teaching or Relevant Qualification
You will need to pass a background checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Child Welfare
- Contact Centre
- Social Care
- Family Care