Contact Handling Officer
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Salary: £21,000pa + benefits
Contract: Full time, permanent.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our busy Contact Handling team of six people. Our Contact Handling Officers offer a primarily telephone-based service to consumers who have questions or complaints regarding premium rate or phone-paid services. The team are skilled at quickly and accurately gathering information and logging it on our case management system whilst on the call (requiring no wrap up time). In addition to providing an important telephone-based service, the team also responds to all enquiries made via our website, so the successful candidate will need to be fully confident in communicating both verbally and in a written format. During busy periods, the team may assist out Contact Assessment Team with some admin work in gathering further evidence from the Industry to help with our contact handling processes. Project work is also available, including occasional work assisting our Technology and Analysis team in monitoring services and recording the consumer journey for services.
The working hours for this role are 9:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
Skills and Experience
• An exceptional communicator, who prides themselves on providing excellent customer service. At least one years’ experience in an inbound, telephone-based customer services / complaint handling role is essential.
• A quick learner, who enjoys learning about new services and technologies.
• Skilled at gathering relevant information from customers through effective use of questioning techniques.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• An empathetic listener, who reacts appropriately to customer needs, offering practical advice and solutions.
• Resilient; able to remain calm and professional under pressure. Displays emotional self-control and maintains a positive outlook even when in difficult conversations.
• An excellent team player who understands that by sharing information, working together and supporting each other we all achieve more.
• Understanding the need to act in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and accurate touch-typing ability.
• Minimum, GCSE Levels at grade C and above including Maths and English (or equivalent).
• Preference for those with experience of working for a regulatory body.
We are the UK regulator for content, goods, and services charged to a phone bill. Phone-paid services are the goods and services that you can buy by charging the cost to your phone bill or pre-pay account. They include directory enquiries, voting on TV talent shows, donating to charity by text or downloading apps on your mobile phone. They are referred to as premium rate services in law.
In addition to our friendly office culture, and supportive management ethos, we have an excellent reward package, here are a few of the highlights:
• 25 days holiday
• Life assurance at 4 x salary
• 5% Employers pension contribution
• Choice of private medical health schemes
• Investor in People Silver Standard organisation
• Enhanced family friendly policies
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV and a brief covering letter telling us how you meet the key criteria of the role, why you would like to work for us and what you can bring to the role.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19 February 2018.
Please note: Once you have submitted your CV, one of our agents will send you a questionnaire, where you will be asked to demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role. Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider your application until we receive this, so it is important that you submit your completed form ahead of the closing date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
1. All candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be asked to complete a Customer Contact Styles Questionnaire. This is an online questionnaire that candidates will be required to complete prior to their interview. The assessment will provide us with insights about a candidate’s likely performance against the key criteria of the role as well as focus our questions at the interview.
2. The Interview will be a competency-based interview and will be carried out by the Contact Assessment Manager and the Head of Contact Management. After the interview candidates will be asked to complete a shirt written assessment to help us understand a candidate’s standard of written communication skills.
- Customer Service
- Contact Handling