The contact centre manager will contribute to the overall success of the company by effectively delivering excellent customer service, resulting in positive customer outcomes. The contact centre manager should have experience in a UK financial complaints handling role and knowledge of Treating Customers Fairly, the Financial Ombudsman Service and FCA DISP regulations. Customer focus and the ability to build relationships and liaise with management, customers, internal colleagues and the Financial Ombudsman Service is an important part of the role. The contact centre manager will lead a team of complaints handling specialists, ensuring internal service levels are met, therefore experience of managing a team of individuals is essential. The contact centre Manager will provide key guidance and support to the operational activities in relation to complaint handling.
Key areas of regulatory compliance include:
- Financial Conduct Authority handbook DISP
- Financial Ombudsman
Scope of opportunity
- Manage the development of the Complaint team members
- Manage Quality monitoring program
- Ability to advise on related regulatory matters
- Ability to create adequate MI for board or other related meetings
- Improving staff’s related regulatory knowledge
- Involvement with projects such as system developments and complaints software
- Provide sufficient training on complaint handling
- Ensuring that 1st, 2nd and 3rd stage complaints are dealt with to a high standard and within regulatory guidelines and internal SLAs
- Maintaining management information records of complaints which will enable the business to identify trends and feedback into the business to enable root cause analysis
- Investigating, recording and reporting all fraud complaints in line with industry requirements, and company policy and procedures and liaising with the Fraud Manager
- Providing reports and analysis as required from time to time by members of the Board and/or Executive
- Using the MI to drive the performance of the Complaints team in terms of output and quality
- Liaising as necessary with the Financial Ombudsman Service, collecting information when required prior to the production of responses, and ensuring there is a timely delivery of these responses
- Providing bespoke guidance on resolution and arranging required action to be taken to resolve complaints, liaising appropriately with internal or external stakeholders
- Referring complaints to third parties where the complaint isn’t solely, or at all our responsibility, and keep a register of this
- Where Data Protection Act breaches are identified, providing clear and complete reports and recommendations requests to the Data Protection Officer
- Act as line manager to the Complaints Handling Specialists, setting challenging performance targets, directing resource allocation, monitoring their performance and providing feedback against business and individual targets
- Providing training, advice and guidance on the handling of complaints generally and specifically to colleagues as required, including operational staff
- Holding monthly 1:1 meetings with Complaints Handling Specialists
- Doing quarterly and annual performance reviews with Complaints Handling Specialists
- Performing other duties as assigned which are necessary for company success
- Deliver plans to ensure management oversight understand clearly how targets are being met, highlighting when the additional resource may be required.
- Reporting of compliance breaches to the Group Compliance Director as they arise, in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of Consumer Action sites or similar and reporting any concerns to the Group Compliance Director in a timely manner.
- Keep informed at all times of Claims Management Companies, providing Senior Management with key updates as and when required.
Reports will include:
- Commentary on complaint trends by type, volume and origin
- Commentary on root causes for complaints and on measures implemented to address the causes
- Complaint-related compliance breaches
- Quality concerns associated with internal SLA’s
- Managerial reports weekly and monthly - Confirming the current position of the department and KPI focused links to ensure SLA.
- Supporting and assisting the development of the quality management process to ensure that it is effective in maintaining as part of the first line of defence, high standards of regulatory compliance.
- Conducting individual case reviews and monitoring levelling sessions and reporting any issues to the Group Compliance Director
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 2 years of experience related to contact centre management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detailed understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority handbook knowledge and applications, in particular; DISP.
- Understanding of other elements of the FCA regulatory framework, principles for business and treating customers fairly
- Ability to develop and upskill operational staff members
- Working closely with colleagues in Customer Operations, Debt Recovery
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Candidates must be Entitled or Entitled for work in Jersey
What we offer:
- £27k to £40k depending on experience
- Up to 25% annual bonus payment dependent business performance and individual KPI achievement
- Private Bupa medical insurance
- Annual trip to Estonia for MYJAR's summer day weekend getaway
- A great fair and positive working culture
MYJAR is a new kind of financial services company, designed for today’s customers. We help people manage their finances by providing responsible short-term loans to reliable borrowers.
MYJAR In Numbers
• Trustpilot score 9.3 out of 10 with over 3,400 reviews
• Headcount: 190 with over 20 vacancies
• Nationalities: 15
• Total lent since inception: Circa £500 million
• Unique customers since inception: Circa 500,000
• Loans provided since inception: Circa 2.3 million
- Customer Services
- Management Information
- Management Skills
- Identify Trends