This role will expand our coverage of communications-centric digital businesses, by enhancing our coverage of specific business communications applications and platforms, such as contact centre, cPaaS Workstream Collaboration, and improving our understanding of the role of communications in digital native businesses (such as WhatsApp, Airbnb, Uber or Match.com). The individual will create research to help our clients how to build & market solutions for each of these segments. It is expected that, in addition to working with Technology & Service Provide clients, the individual will also work with our end user clients who are buying such solutions.
The successful candidate will have strong expertise and knowledge in contact centre, with additional insight in areas such as unified communications and communications-enabled business processes. This position requires the ability to work with senior managers and senior executives within the client base to develop futuristic and compelling scenarios and recommendations for clients seeking to build their comms-centric digital business capabilities. The role will also require support of end user enterprise clients who are consumers of such services. Key coverage requirements for the role – from both a technology and business environment context – will include many of the following:
- Contact Centre: Next generation technologies, workflows and integrations with other applications such as CRM
- Unified Communications as a Service
- Workstream Collaboration
- End user Communications-Enabled Business Processes
- Digital business model innovation & monetization strategies
- API integration between communications applications and other applications
This is a team role, where each of the above topics is being handled by at least one other analyst, either within the home team or on associated teams in a wider cohort. The analyst will be expected to create thought leadership that builds on existing positions and extends our coverage into new areas in conjunction with other analysts.
Client contact on inquiry and sales calls (POCs) will be a combination of face to face, email, video conferencing and on the phone. Interactions are likely to be 40/60 end user to TSP-focused. There may be opportunities to speak at Gartner Events, although this is not a core expectation of the role.
This is a senior level analyst position for an extremely capable professional and requires the successful candidate to be comfortable not only with describing the products and services in the space, but also the marketing strategies for commercialising these capabilities. Senior product marketing or technical product development experience in a major service provider or similar experience is highly desirable. The candidate should have a general technical understanding of adjacent spaces, such as cloud technologies, network services and the broader software space.
Strong financial acumen and quantitative skills are required for statistical aspects of this position; the individual will lead forecasts in areas such as contact centre, and work alongside other colleagues on other segment forecasts. Excellent writing skills are also critical for this role, as the candidate will be expected to lead 8-10 published research notes and contribute to another 10-12 published research notes per year.
The candidate must be a strategic thinker with solid technology expertise and the ability to deliver high quality targeted advice on time. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a self directed manner but within a collaborative “team” environment. International experience is a plus. Flexibility and an open, can-do mindset, is a must.#LI-AR1Job Requirements:
- 10+ years of relevant experience implementing contact centre and other communications applications. Will previously have held a leadership role within a technology or business field, with a strong preference for those with experience working for a digital service provider.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, industry or role; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively in both oral and written form.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and time management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Willingness to develop new areas of expertise on additional topics (beyond core coverage) as the need arises.
- Partnership management
- Ecosystem development
- Alliance management
- Sale and Marketing experience
- Market Intelligence /Competitive Intelligence/ Technical Intelligence experience
Candidates should possess excellent written and spoken English. A good working knowledge of another major European language (German, French, Italian, etc) is a plus.#LI-AR1
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job