Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player's and Golden Virginia.
Reporting to the Intelligence Manager, the primary focus of the Consumer & Trade Intelligence Analyst is to drive Consumer and Trade insights at Cluster level. The role holder will be responsible for generating consumer and trade research briefs, commissioning research agencies, ensuring high quality results and then working with the business to embed learnings and make actionable, commercial recommendations
Understand Consumers, Shoppers and Customers
- Discuss and agree on business priorities that requires consumer, shopper or customer (trade) research to help inform actions
- Develop research briefs to guide the external research agency
- Develop the business case to conduct a consumer research study
- Liaise with Procurement to engage the research agency
- Work in conjunction with the agency to efficiently manage the research project
- Review the finalised research output, identify the key findings and develop commercial, actionable recommendations
Assess Brand Performance (Non-Financial Health)
- Work in conjunction with a third party agency to assess brand equity
- Define research brief (objective, methodology, deliverables)
- Share brand performance insights
- Be the subject matter expert for consumer, shopper and trade research, providing expert advice and guidance to colleagues across the UK and Ireland
- Ensure customer listening group are conducted effectively (co-create, validate and evaluate)
- Manage the regular consumer research survey and subscriptions to research agencies
- Conduct analysis and develop intelligence for assigned brands
Skills & experience
- Minimum of two years in a research role (client-side or agency-side preferable) with knowledge of different research methodologies
- Experience of managing or conducting consumer, shopper or customer and ideally experience of consumer segmentation projects
- Experience of influencing colleagues or peers through formal and informal means
- High level of commercial awareness to translate insight into actionable recommendations
- Experience of analyzing quantitative and qualitative data including third-party data such as ACORN and TGI
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job