Consumer Contract Paralegal
Lyons Davidson is a national law practice of around 900 employees operating from offices in Bristol, Solihull, Leeds, New Malden and Cardiff, and our associated practice in Edinburgh, Lyons Davidson Scotland LLP. We also have employees based in our onsite client offices in Folkestone and Whitstable.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
As part of the Contract group which forms part of the Civil Litigation department you will work as a Paralegal in the Consumer Contract team. You will assist in a wide variety of Civil Litigation cases (Non Personal Injury and non Road Traffic Accident) relating to contractual disputes. All the work comes through the Legal Expense Insurers, and clients are often demanding. The work is mostly claimant based.
To manage a caseload of cases dealing with:
- Contract disputes - consumer contract (plumbers, etc), design flaws, computers, defective cars, building work etc
- Dealing with clients on the phone and face to face
- Using our case management system to progress the files
- Billing and invoicing
- Excellent communication skills are essential. Applicants must be able to deal effectively with difficult people.
- IT literacy
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be organised
- Successful candidates will have a good legal knowledge, and able to demonstrate successful handling of difficult clients. Working to tight deadlines is also essential.
- Previous litigation experience or experience of managing your own caseload would be advantageous.
- A law degree, or CPE conversion (or equivalent), is essential and the LPC (or equivalent) desirable.
Why Join us?
We positively encourage our employees to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of our employee’s contributions and we want to help you exceed the needs of relevant CPD requirements, regardless of the role.
Our wide range of benefits, include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have active social committees and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
Lyons Davidson prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer and is committed to, and realises the benefits of, having a diverse workforce.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and Basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'