Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? Our Products and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.Role Description
Venture leads are the co-founders for our new strategic ventures. They develop, test, and refine an initial concept into a viable product. Their goal is to validate demand, evaluate what it will take to build and scale a product, and build the commercial case for investment. The ideal venture lead is a creative, analytical problem solver, who can think strategically to bring a new concept to life.Location
This role is based in LondonHours
This is a full-time permanent opportunityResponsibilities
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Consulting business to define and clearly articulate a product concept: what problem will it solve, and how?
- Engage with potential clients to understand their challenges and expectations
- Evaluate the market: who are our potential competitors or partners, and what is our best strategic approach?
- Consult with technical experts to understand the feasibility of the proposed venture and the resources required to develop it
- Assemble the commercial case for the venture, advise the business on the best investment decision, and pitch for funding from budget holders
- Develop the minimum viable product to test market response, engaging with software engineering teams as needed
- Drive sales and marketing, and own the client relationship
- Formulate hypotheses about the best course of action at each stage, and validate these by gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources
- Iterate and refine the product concept in response to new information
- Bachelor’s degree
- Emphasis on business or technology advantageous
- Professional experience in a technology-oriented company
- Experience of consulting or similar B2B environment
- Track record of managing internal and/or external stakeholders
- Experience of financial analysis and business case development
- Project management experience (particularly with Agile or Lean Startup)
- Exposure to the technology market and the startup ecosystem
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Well-developed analytical skills, with some exposure to relevant technologies e.g. SQL, Tableau
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration - with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway - pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway - pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway - pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job