Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? Our Products and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.Role description
As a Software Engineer at Deloitte you will be part of the team that builds and maintains one of our products or early stage concepts.Location
This role is based in LondonHours
This is a full-time permanent opportunityResponsibilities
- You will work with your Product Manager to shape the product backlog and provide estimates on complexity.
- You will be a key member of a team that owns the end-to-end delivery of functionality into Production. We are big on Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- You and your team will provide 3rd line support - we find this is the best motivator to build easy-to-support products.
- Whilst many of our developers have a particularly specialty, e.g. frontend development, we encourage our engineers to get comfortable working across the stack.
- Min. Bachelor’s degree (1st or 2.I) in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate subject
- You have worked as part of an agile development team
- You have built a product and have taken it from concept to go-live
- You have used cloud technologies, such as AWS or Azure
- You are highly proficient in at least one languages and have experience of multiple languages and technologies, aligned to our current stack - see below.
- Our current stack includes:
- C# .Net Core running on AWS Lambdas
- AWS Redshift
- You like to win and can build a shared sense of team success
- You invest in your own development by staying up to date on technology changes and have a broad awareness of wider technology trends
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problemsOur consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact. We are committed to collaborationOur role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration - with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities. We create long-term, sustainable impactWe often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come. We offer a number of different career pathwaysWe offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations. The Consulting Career Paths are:Consulting pathway - pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain Consulting Solutions pathway - pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made Consulting Services pathway - pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 143806
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job