An experienced and motivated consultant psychiatrist is required to join the established multidisciplinary team at Rhodes Wood Hospital in Hatfield.
The hospital provides care for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders or with learning disabilities who require residential care, working on tailored treatment programmes designed for the individual needs of each young person.
You will be working at a ward at the service that provides an evidence based and focused treatment programme which works toward young people and their families being able to normalise eating behaviours and restore physical health.
You will be registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a license to practice and have experience of working with and leading multidisciplinary teams. You will also have experience of working with CAMHS eating disorders. You will have previous experience working in a similar settings within the NHS or private care.
- Review referrals and determine appropriateness for admission
- Conduct Admission assessment and ensure effective management plans of all patients on the unit
- Conduct risk assessment and review regularly
- Allocate specialist psychological treatments in line with individual need
- Assess physical health - taking special responsibility for medical issues/medically
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who treat the patients.
- Ensuring effective liaison with referring teams.
- Facilitating regular CPA review meeting
- Act as Responsible Clinicians for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- To provide on-call service and ensure the provision of medical cover to the unit at all times.
- Registered on the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry with a licence to practise.
- ?Experience of CAMHS eating disorders desirable
What you will get
- Highly competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Medical Protection Society membership
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- ?Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
Where you will be working
Location: Rhodes Wood Hospital. Shepherds Way, Hatfield AL9 6NN
Join the vibrant team at Rhodes Wood Hospital, a specialist CAMHS Eating Disorder service with 3 wards, which empowers recovery in a fast-paced, challenging and fun environment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders.
With a new Hospital Director appointed, Rhodes Wood is working through a programme to continually innovate, improve and deliver excellent care to our young people and a rewarding experience for employees.
You will support a warm and nurturing environment, allowing for the understanding of symptoms, patterns and origins of psychological distress, and will actively encourage children to personalise bedroom spaces to make these feel like a home from home.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- eating disorder
- mental health
- Consultant Psychiatrist
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'