Consultant Intensivist (+/- joint specialty e.g. Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine or Medicine)
Join our multi-disciplinary Critical Care Team at Yeovil District Hospital
Make a smart choice of what’s important
Work in a friendly environment and live in the beautiful South West of England.
Outstanding schools, lovely countryside and excellent travel links to major cities and airports, as well as the beautiful Jurassic Coastline.
We are looking for a Consultant Intensivist to join our dynamic team at an exciting time. Yeovil Hospital Critical Care is developing and expanding. We are looking to appoint someone with the skills and attributes that will help to be part of this transformation.
The contract will be for 10 PAs per week with an option to increase to 11 Pas subject to mutual agreement. This includes a very favourable 2.5 (10 hours) per week of SPA activity.
- This current round of recruitment is designed to facilitate a fully split anaesthetic and intensive care on-call rota
- This will allow for an expansion of our ICU and to satisfy GPICS II criteria, at the same time as enhancing our numbers in critical care to allow for a favourable rota frequency
- Once recruitment is complete the expected on-call frequency will be 1:9 with internal cover for annual and study leave
Why Yeovil Hospital?
- We actively encourage personal and professional development and funding for study leave is available
- We are big on work-life balance
- The department is relaxed and friendly. There are currently 8 ICU Consultants (1 locum), 14 Specialty Doctors, 5 Core Trainees, 4 ITU/Teaching Fellows and an F1
- We have a well-equipped and spacious ICU with over 750 Critical Care admissions per year
- Yeovil offers the range of clinical work you would expect from a general district hospital
- As a relatively small Trust it is easy to develop new services and new practices based on your ideas and interests
- There are opportunities to develop non-clinical interests especially in Education, Mentorship, Leadership and Management
- Yeovil offer its own private patient unit, covered by an anaesthetic practice group.
- Applicants must have dual certification in Intensive Care and one other clinical specialty (or equivalent)
- Be fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise
- Applicants must have entry on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (or proposed CCT within 6 months of the interview date), CESR or European Community Rights
We really value the impact that you as a Consultant will have on our patients and services; we therefore offer an enhanced benefits package (subject to criteria) which includes:
- Welcome to Yeovil payment
- A generous relocation package
- 10 hours of paid time for professional development every week (SPA)
- No cap on individual budget for training and development every year (subject to fair allocation of central study funding)
Please refer to the job description and personal specification for further information. To apply please complete an online application form and attach a copy of your CV.
Agency CV's will not be accepted for this role.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Anthony Smith, Clinical Director for Intensive Care
It is recommended that candidates shortlisted to attend the assessment day should arrange a pre-interview visit to Yeovil Hospital to meet the critical care team and the AAC panel members. Where a visit cannot be accommodated you should undertake a telephone call with the Clinical Director and Medical Director.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'