Construction Technical Consultant - British Gypsum, Saint Gobain
At Saint-Gobain people matter to us, and we try to show that every day. As part of this, our aim is to create an enterprising and innovative working environment, where you have the opportunity to learn new skills, and develop your career. Did you know we have been awarded top UK & Global Employer 5 Years Running!?
We have a great opportunity to become a Drylining Technical Consultant within our specialist Technical Support Team, based at British Gypsum Head Office, East Leake, Leicestershire, on a permanent basis. You will be required to provide market leading, timely, accurate, bespoke and creditable technical dry lining solutions to customer enquiries, thereby delighting the customer, encouraging them to return whilst maximising the specification opportunities.
Do you have a proven track record in a Technical Support function within a construction Industry? Then apply now! The Technical Team are predominantly Office Based, but Remote Working is a potential an option for the right candidate.
What experience are we looking for?
- Ability to create relationships with allocated key partnerships accounts to deliver technical support solutions and services to meet required service level agreements (SLA's) in the delivery of customer satisfaction along with commercial benefit to British Gypsum & Saint-Gobain group businesses
- Support the coaching and training of external technical sales and TST staff sharing knowledge and experience
- Provides market leading technical advice to allocated customers.
- Liaise with professional and trade bodies so as to keep abreast of the latest technical and legislative knowledge related to all products and systems across the business so as to be in a position to provide the best advice to others
- Understand the market and explore ways of understanding customers' needs so as to be better placed to respond to customers
- Spot opportunities for constantly improving the quality and level of responses, so as to provide an outstanding service to customers whilst optimising specifications to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
What skills are we looking for?
- Professional qualifications in construction/ building physics
- Understanding of procurement/project management advantageous.
- Customer experience including account management
- Experience of providing verbal / written Technical advice
- Construction/building knowledge
- Able to articulate customer needs and craft bespoke solutions in supporting positively to our brand ensuring we are the trusted experts
'Making the world a better home' - Saint-Gobain's purpose, we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenged faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
Flexible packages designed for you!
We know employees value different things more than others. As well as a great range of standard benefits we understand circumstances in life also change so flexibility through these changes is important. We give employees the ability to change and alter their package to match their needs. This flexibility is self-administered through our on-line employee hub called bubble! (Winner! UK & Ireland 'Best Flexible Benefits Plan' award at the Employee Benefits Awards 2020!
In return you'll get some great benefits
- Competitive salary
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Access to 100's of high street and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
- Automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance scheme.
- Plus, plenty more!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
An evolving world! / The future of tomorrow
Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland is home to some of the best known and respected companies in the construction sector including Jewson, British Gypsum, Isover, Graham The Plumbers Merchant and Artex. We manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we embrace diversity and are on a mission to make our organisation inclusive and accessible to all, we believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
We want to be a business that you'll be proud to work for; one that is committed to improving people's daily life, being responsible, doing the right thing, and to preserving the environment by embedding sustainability in all our businesses.
Apply Now to complete our quick application process and be a part of our future!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'