Our Client is an international law firm and they are looking to employ a solicitor with a high level of experience in a non-contentious construction environment.
Candidates will ideally have at least 3-4 years of non-contentious construction experience; however, they will consider all candidates with suitable skills and knowledge.
You are likely to have gained excellent skills in your field on a range of projects, be able to handle your own caseload from the outset and be committed to developing personally and professionally. Based in Milton Keynes, you will be working as part of an established, specialist team dealing with high quality work offering variety and responsibility. An enthusiasm for maintaining and developing client relationships is vital.
Their client' construction team is part of the Energy, Transport & Infrastructure department, which in turn sits at the heart of the broader firm.
Over the past five years, this team has flourished and is regularly instructed on top tier work.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of:
- Acting for major developers and funders on major developments
- Preparation of building contracts, consultant’s appointments, warranties and associated documents
- Advising funders, purchasers and tenants regarding contracts and appointments
- Working alongside real estate/finance/banking teams
- Working to the highest standards in a pressurised environment
There will be opportunities for you to contribute to the team's business development activities. As part of your continued development, you will also prepare and deliver training (internal and for clients), write articles and assist with seminar presentations.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- You will ideally have 3-4 years, post qualification non- contentious construction experience; however, they will consider all candidates with suitable skills and knowledge
- You will have trained with a recognised firm and will have had exposure to non- contentious construction matters
- You will have experience of maintaining client relationships and contributing to business development
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision -making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development