Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
Location: North West Region, Birmingham
The Project Manager is accountable for assigned projects within a construction programme that align with BP Retail's Asset strategy. Primarily the role will ensure the safe, timely and cost efficient delivery of construction projects to a quality standard that is acceptable to the business. The role also supports the UK dealer programme by providing a Project, Programme Management service to the dealer team.
- Lead assigned projects through key activities within a defined project lifecycle of initiation, planning, execution & handover following the standard CVP process.
- Work with internal and approved external resources to ensure that all permitting activities are completed in line with the Master Programme.
- Negotiate & communicate effectively with property owners, developers, local government, government agencies (i.e. Highways Agency), pressure groups, the public and others to achieve BP's objectives, protecting, optimising the value and performance of the clients Retail's assets.
- Where appropriate support the relevant Acquisition Manager in managing property owners, agents, Highways Agencies and others consultants, supporting the end to end delivery of NTI sites (new to Industry).
- The Project Manager will be the SPA for HSSE responsibility for all projects within his/her area, and applying OMS throughout.
- Ensure all expenditure is planned and in accordance with CVP and P2P.
- When required participate in other Ad Hoc Retail Asset Projects
- Ensuring timely delivery of projects (within the time schedule agreed), on budget and in accordance to the original specification. Projects should also meet the required quality standards.
- Engage with the Pre-Construction team in relation to the submission of documents to discharge planning conditions
- Developing indicative cost plan based on scheme and accountable for first cost plan based on the detailed project engineering, and supporting the submission of the relevant clients' Financial Memorandum related to the project Supporting as required in procurement processes
- Accountable and responsible for the Management of Change (MoC) process is followed to implement any changes in the project, in particular in order to ensure that HSSE is not compromised and that the construction is fully compliant with the licenses and permits granted
- Accountable for regular reporting including degree of completion, estimated date for commercial operation, cost to date and cost forecast, communicating deviations and defining action plan to mitigate them
- Review and investigate near miss reports associated with the project. Identify and progress any actions required and share lessons learnt
- Handing over the project to Maintenance, after successful completion of the commissioning tests and clearance of snagging items identified during the handover visit
- Ensuring upload and/or update of all relevant documentation such as as-built design, drawings, certificates, permits and licenses, final authorizations, warranty certificates, equipment manuals, etc. to the assets register upon completion
- Accountable for financial project closure, cancelation of open Purchase Orders and associated release of Capex.
- Participate in an on call rota (typically 2/3 weeks per annum), to support emergency response on a 24/7 basis, in coordination of incidents involving a serious threat to health and safety of employees, the public or the environment
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the built environment or equivalent education
- UK Safety Passport
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience of negotiating and conflict resolution in project management
- Experience in Project Management related to construction activities, including HSSE accountability and management of engineering services
- Experience in managing construction projects through a stage-gate process (CVP)
- In depth knowledge of construction programming, quality criteria and engineering & construction management.
- Knowledge of branding and associated compliance within projects
- Retail Competencies - Retail Standards, Policies & Procedures: Skilful
- Project Management Competencies - Contract Management: Skilful
- Project Management Competencies - Programme Management: Mastery
- Project Management Competencies - Project Performance & Risk Management: Mastery
- Project Management Competencies - Project Planning & Scheduling: Mastery
- Project Management Competencies - Relationship Management : Skilful
- HSSE Competencies - OMS: Skilful
- HSSE Competencies - Management of Change: Skilful
- HSSE Competencies - Working with Contractors (Pre-contract): Skilful
- HSSE Competencies - Working with Contractors (Post contract): Skilful
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent certificate, or equivalent education and experience is desirable
- NEBOSH or equivalent is desirable
- Membership of professional body desirable (MCIOB, MAPM, MICE, MRICS)
Please contact Alim Sesay below if you would like to apply for this opportunity.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'