Construction Project Manager - Mechanical & Electrical (345jc) - Sinai, Egypt
Construction Project Manager - Mechanical & Electrical (345jc) - Sinai, Egypt - circa £65k + Benefits
My client, who are an independent international organization, created by agreement between the Arab Republic of Egypt and the State of Israel, with peacekeeping responsibilities in the Sinai are now seeking to recruit a Construction Project Manager - Mechanical & Electrical who will reporting to the Senior Projects Manager (SPM).
You will be working on several projects each costing in the region of $3,000,000 each and your role will be to manage the team of sub-contractors and internal personnel to make sure that each project is delivered on time and to budget.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of capital works projects:
- Within the specified budgetary constraints and timescales; and
- To the requisite standard of quality, aesthetics, functionality and technical compliance.
The Constriction Project Manager is a member of the Engineering Projects Team, providing assistance to their MFO colleagues as required and, when necessary, at all MFO sites in the Sinai.
Therefore, your responsibilities will include:
- Collate and define end-user requirements, investigate project parameters and identify potential solutions;
- Perform site surveys, estimate labour, materials, plant and equipment to support the project;
- Make design recommendations for projects to the FEO and Senior Project Manager, detailing engineering solutions for infrastructure and basic construction projects to specified standards;
- Draft statements of work and minor project plans for construction, prepare estimates for construction using MFO Program and Project Management Systems.
- Supervise a multidisciplinary project installation team consisting of for example: - HVAC, Carpentry, Mason, Electrical, Plumbing, Welding and Painting trades and General Laborers;
- Ensure the work is performed in accordance with the specified standards and MFO’s operating procedures; and
- Work with Force Supply staff to procure any materials required for projects well in advance of the start date and, once the project has started, monitor the use of such material.
Aa well as regarding external contractors and consultants, the Construction Project Manager shall:
- Assess and brief the Facilities Engineering Officer (FEO) and the SPM on the viability and accuracy of designs and proposals for a project;
- Monitor the performance of contractors employed on construction projects with regard to time, cost, quality of work, and conformity to the statement of work.Report on project progress and material changes to the project scope as required by the PPM system;
- Prepare and maintain an MFO Gantt chart for each delegated project to show the realistic completion date and problems that arose during the construction project;
- Working with the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative, provide technical direction to the contractors where necessary.
- Coordinate the activities of several contractors and/or sub-contractors working in proximity;
- Oversee test and commissioning of new facilities;
- Coordinate and supervise consultants, as directed by the FEO/SPM;
- Deliver projects and assess performance or plans such as:
- Middle East
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Military Experience
- Technical Direction
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'