Willmott Dixon Construction is looking to recruit an experienced Construction Manager for their Farnborough office covering projects along the M3 & M4 corridors. You will be an experienced Construction Manager capable of running and delivering projects of £10mn plus. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for (14th place) which is continuing to grow. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy. Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations.
- Develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme. Ensure effective
- Communication and implementation to deliver the project on time. Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required.
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Ensure robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace