Construction Manager/ Working Foreman Carpenter for Leading 20 Years North London Property Developer
*** must be ex carpenter/ builder ***
** must be hands on with the tools **
*** outstanding role with huge potential ***
Stone Lodge Group
London Headquarters: Palmers Green N13
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a long established property developer in the North London area.
The role entails developing our Directors properties in the North London there. There are 5 projects ready to start, all requiring loft conversions, extensions and internal conversion works.
We have numerous companies within our Group covering areas including: property developments, property refurbishments, social housing, facilities management, property lettings & property management, hotels, hostels and B&B operations.
Future opportunities are available to get involved in any part of the business once you established yourself with us.
- Responsible for managing a number of projects at one time.
- Plan the delivery of each project.
- Control and monitor the use of all resources including sub-contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise cost.
- Recruit and hire sub-contractors.
- Undertake procurement functions for all aspects of the project and liaise with office staff, where required.
- Report progress on all projects under your responsibility to our Director.
- Manage and monitor the jobs progress, assess and report any changes that may affect timescale or project cost.
- Ensure all necessary contract documentation/reports are in place.
- Ensure quality is maintained to the highest standard throughout every project.
- Manage and implement all Health and Safety procedures for each project producing regular reports, as required.
- Hands-on work is required at times, depending on the work schedule.
We are looking for:
- Preferably an ex-carpenter, bricklayer or another trade.
- Experience of managing a range of domestic sites up.
- A hands-on approach, working on site and leading the way.
- Confidence dealing with architects and building control surveyors.
- Managing multi-talented sub-contractors.
- Excellent communications skills to deal with clients and sub contractor’s issues fairly and confidently.
- Good general knowledge of all aspects of the building process.
- Has the ability to read drawings and understand project cost amendments.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required for this role.
- A minimum of three references and examples of work is required.
- Own vehicle and tools required for this role.
- Value driven both personally and business orientated.
- Self-motived and ambitious.
- First Aid at Work.
- CSCS Managers Card.
- Excellent communication and customer focussed.
You will be working with and managing an outstanding team where most workers have been with us for over 10 years.
We like to hire for the long term - you will need to be reliable and loyal to be considered for this role.
We have a very careful and selective selection process and we only hire the very best.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm; overtime available on weekends and after hours
If the above role sounds of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV and a brief cover letter outlining why you feel that you are the right candidate along with desired rate of pay.
Ideally the role is for immediate start or ASAP.
Key Word: Working Foreman, Site Manager, Carpenter, Construction Manager, Multi Trade, Multi Trader, Multi Trade Operative, Plumber, Electrician, Builder, General Builder, Maintenance Manager, Repairs Manager, Plasterer Carpenter, Tiler, Decorator, Painter, Handyman
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job