Our client is a Main Contractor that specialises in delivering D&B fit out projects across the UK. The company has a secured scheme in Liverpool and as a result is looking for a Construction Manager to join them on a freelance basis to deliver a £1m CATB project 12 week project based in Liverpool City Centre.
As Constrcution Manager the candidate will be responsible for the on-site project delivery and client management. The successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate the site team and all contractors working on site.
Responsibilities as Construction Manager include:
- Ensuring company HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Setting up site, Fire Plans, Inductions, Method Statement, Risk Assessments and etc.
- Produce programmes and adjust as required during the course of the project.
- Co-ordinating sub-contractors to ensure weekly milestones are met.
- Monitor the quality of work carried out ensuring high standards of quality are achieved and addressing any issues with sub-contractors / trades.
- Solving design and technical issues on site.
- Interacting with the client and architect on a daily basis.
Additional Experience Required:
- Recent office fit-out experience is essential.
- Experience of delivering medium sized projects as a NO1 on site.
- First Aid, SMSTS & CSCS essential.
- Experience of reporting to a visiting Contracts Managers and formulating appropriate weekly reports.
- Live within suitable commuting distance of the project.
The project starts on Tuesday 03/04/2018 so the client will require someone who will be available for the duration of the contract.
Please note that if you fit this criteria and are interested in the vacancy, please send your CV for the attention of Meera Patel to professional@uklgroup .com