Construction Engineer - Reading £40,000 - £42,000 + London Weighting + Company Car + 25 Days Holiday / Pension / Bonus / Overtime / life assurance
This is your opportunity to join a market leading multi utility connections business working on numerous residential and commercial projects connecting them with Gas, Water and Electricity.
The company enjoys turnover in excess of £1.5bn and grew it's UK operations by a further 150 staff in 2016 / 2017.
The company is one of the biggest of it's type in the UK and is part of a larger engineering group. They typically connect new housing estates and small onshore renewable energy farms with essential utilities, designing and building the infrastructure to support this. This typically includes cable and pipe work, substations and associated LV and HV equipment.
Based in the south , the Construction Engineer will be responsible all aspects of construction management in the construction, installation & commissioning of contestable electrical connections up to 33Kv. The successful candidate must have LV operational experience.
In the main you will be working on new build housing projects.
The Candidate needs to have knowledge and experience of electrical distribution and have an engineering background.
- The Construction Engineer's main Responsibilities are:
- To deliver Contestable Connections for business on time and within budget
- Develop Construction Method Statements and prepare site instruction.
- Record all project variations
- Carry out Site Safety Audits as required.
- Carry out and maintain all on site inductions
- Ensure all works are carried out to the company / DNO specifications
- Keep up to date on current legislation & regulations
- All works in the Public Highway to be carried out in liaison with the local authority and to current
- HAUC Specification
- All off site work will be signed and barriered in accordance with Chapter 8 NRSWA.
- To ensure personnel are authorised and have received the relevant training in the task instructed to carry out.
- Full valid driving licence
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Good organisation skills.
- ONC/BTEC level 3/degree in an electrical technical discipline
- NRSWA supervisor card,
- DNO authorised or senior authorised staff status preferable.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- £40,000 - £42,000 basic salary
- Holiday - 33 days inclusive of statutory allowance
Please contact Ashley Hamer on or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job