A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Co-ordinator to join a well-established and fast growing real estate lettings and property development company based in Leeds.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, be able to prioritise workloads, demonstrate attention to detail, flexibility, and have a proactive and positive approach to his /her work, as well as having the ability to communicate effectively and build good working relationships.
You will provide the Construction Department with administrative support, such as general office duties, data entry, construction coordination, administration and/or problem resolution.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Implement H&S procedures including the weekly audit process and ensuring all registers and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all CDM regulations have been followed throughout the delivery of the projects.
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, progress photographs, site inductions, and health and safety records.
- Good knowledge of UK building methods and regulations.
- Experience in management of contractors and subcontractors.
- Support the procurement functions in the selections of sub-contractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback.
- Setup and maintain project files; prepare on-site construction schedules for all projects.
- Maintain progress report; track all checklist reports.
- Produce client reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
- Site visits to check progress of works.
- Manage utilities for construction projects.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining project costs-to-date.
- Maintain excellent relationships with contractors, consultants and designers.
- Overall assistance with helping the Construction department run smoothly.
- Liaise with asbestos surveyors, sound testing engineers and utility representatives.
Skills & Abilities
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to assess and prioritize tasks in highly active environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to coordinate with all personnel to assume timely completion of required tasks; conduct follow-up on correspondence.
- Ability to maintain accurate, detailed, comprehensive files as well as maintenance of documentation.
- HNC/BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or related field (preferred).
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro.
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative to work on many projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines is imperative.
- Full UK driver's licence.
- £24,000.00 - £26,000.00 negotiable dependant on experience
Please send your CV ASAP if you are looking for a new and challenging role, with an exciting and dynamic company to be a part of.
- Construction Management
- Office Duties
- Real Estate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job